Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Popping Up on Full Screen Video

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Popping Up on Full Screen Video in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I am watching videos on Netflix/YouTube/etc. the taskbar will intermittently pop up at the bottom of the screen. Currently the issue does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DSC11, Mar 18, 2017.

1. DSC11 Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar Popping Up on Full Screen Video

When I am watching videos on Netflix/YouTube/etc. the taskbar will intermittently pop up at the bottom of the screen.
    Currently the issue does not correlate with any error or warning I can find with Event Viewer. It had originally seemed to correlate with error 10016.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

DSC11, Mar 18, 2017

2. How to show the task bar on top of off all other windows.

If you auto hide taskbar, this gives you more space and display area. If it is auto hidden, when you move your mouse cursor down to bottom of screen, it will pop up and it will be ON TOP of other windows and applications. On very few programs in full screen
    mode such as a web video etc, it may not pop up. use the windows key on keyboard to pop it up.

seahawks65, Mar 18, 2017
  3. AndrewB36 Win User
    Task bar popping up when I'm watching a video fullscreen (Windows 10)

Is there a solution to this problem yet? I also find it extremely inconvenient that the taskbar pops up when I have a video in full view.

AndrewB36, Mar 18, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Sorry Posted old method a moment ago.
    New method....Type taskbar in Cortana box, click on Taskbar Settings, choose turn off taskbar. see attachment.

The taskbar hides and only appears when you point mouse at bottom of screen.

dencal, Mar 18, 2017
  5. DSC11 Win User
    Thanks for the reply but I like the taskbar normally, I just want it to leave me alone when I'm watching videos.

DSC11, Mar 18, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It will pop up if a mouse move triggers it.

bro67, Mar 18, 2017
  7. iDamn Win User
    I've recently experienced this. What I did was:
    - Task Manager > Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) > Restart it. Wait for it to fully restart with all your pinned apps, then try.
    - Uninstalled "AeroGlass". I don't know if you have this installed, but good luck!

Hope it works out for you, it's really annoying I know.

iDamn, Mar 18, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

That would only be if the OP installed that theme pack like you did.

bro67, Mar 18, 2017
  9. iDamn Win User
    yeah, that's why i doubt he'll have it, the first method should work though

iDamn, Mar 18, 2017
  10. sunnysh Win User
    Have had the same issue, didn't find any errors related to the timing of the popup. Then I just tried another browser other than chrome and the taskbar did not popup. Hopefully google fixes the issue.

sunnysh, Mar 18, 2017
  11. DSC11 Win User
    How would a mouse trigger the taskbar? Sometimes if I bump the mouse the status bar for the video will come up but I've never noticed the Windows taskbar popping up as a result of anything I do with the mouse.

DSC11, Mar 18, 2017
  12. iDamn Win User
    so my solution didnt work then?

iDamn, Mar 18, 2017
  13. dencal Win User

It works on my four computers.....see attachment.....take mouse pointer to bottom of screen for taskbar to show, move away from bottom then taskbar disappears.....as stated in my post #2.
    Do note have turned on Automatically hide taskbar as shown in post#2 yet taskbar is showing by moving mouse pointer as stated above.

dencal, Mar 18, 2017
  14. Some app, most likely running in the taskbar triggers it, when doing something, like AV updating.
    You could try closing all taskbar apps or hiding all taskbar icons temporarily, system icons included.

TairikuOkami, Mar 18, 2017
  15. DSC11 Win User
    Nah it didn't

DSC11, Mar 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Popping Up on Full Screen Video - Similar Threads - Taskbar Popping Full

2. How do I get the Taskbar to pop up in Full screen mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the Taskbar to pop up in Full screen mode?: One of the things I like about the Edge browser is that when in full screen mode it "pops down" to show open browser tabs when the mouse is moved to the top of the screen.I like my Taskbar hidden and, when not in Full Screen, it "pops up" on mouse contact.However, when in...
  3. How do I get the Taskbar to pop up in Full screen mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the Taskbar to pop up in Full screen mode?: One of the things I like about the Edge browser is that when in full screen mode it "pops down" to show open browser tabs when the mouse is moved to the top of the screen.I like my Taskbar hidden and, when not in Full Screen, it "pops up" on mouse contact.However, when in...
  4. How do I get the Taskbar to pop up in Full screen mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar pops up in full screen when i aim down in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar pops up in full screen when i aim down in games: So, whenever i aim down in games in full screen the taskbar pops up and i cant find how to disable the taskbar popping up i tried this but nothing worked :-1. Right-click on the taskbar and click on Taskbar settings.2. Check if the toggle switch for Automatically hide taskbar...
  6. Taskbar pops up in full screen when i aim down in games

Taskbar pops up in full screen when i aim down in games: So, whenever i aim down in games in full screen the taskbar pops up and i cant find how to disable the taskbar popping up i tried this but nothing worked :-1. Right-click on the taskbar and click on Taskbar settings.2. Check if the toggle switch for Automatically hide taskbar...
  7. taskbar show when full screen video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar show when full screen video: i have some issue on the taskbar after update to windows 11. When i watch video in full screen, the taskbar always show on the bottom and i can't use shortcut key like space to pause the video....
  8. taskbar show when full screen video

taskbar show when full screen video: i have some issue on the taskbar after update to windows 11. When i watch video in full screen, the taskbar always show on the bottom and i can't use shortcut key like space to pause the video....
  9. Taskbar interrupts full screen games/videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar interrupts full screen games/videos: Hey everyone, i was wondering if someone could help me. My taskbar keeps popping up when i try to do something full screen for example i play fifa and it forces the game to go on pause suddenly and taskbar comes visible on screen same happens with videos from hbo, netflix...
  10. Full screen pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full screen pop ups: I am getting full screen pop ups when I go to CNN. Smart screen detected only one with a warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-pop-ups/8ef59332-d319-4726-a1af-67b105c942be"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 vlc menu pops up intermittently during full screen playback

2. windows 10 stop taskbar popping up fullscreen video

3. windows 10 stop taskbar popup fullscrean

4. taskbar keeps popping up and down rapidly technet,
  5. Taskbar when set up to auto hide keeps popping up and down rapidly