Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar refresh from command line or BAT file.

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar refresh from command line or BAT file. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I have a task that I run that restarts a program every time I log on, switch to a user, etc. I notice that it leaves the icon from the previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SSShadii, May 7, 2020.

1. SSShadii Win User

Windows 10 taskbar refresh from command line or BAT file.

So, I have a task that I run that restarts a program every time I log on, switch to a user, etc. I notice that it leaves the icon from the previous instance of the program in the Taskbar Notification area. When I click on the arrow, and mouse over the icon, it quickly disapears.

The problem is that I am running this task a lot and the icons build up, so I would like to include some code into my BAT file that runs after I restart the program and refreshes the icons in the Taskbar Notification area. How would I do this?

I realize this isn't a major problem, but, if I am generating one of these left over icons every time I log in, and I don't click on the notification area for a while, it can build up quite a bit.

:)

SSShadii, May 7, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Windows 10 taskbar refresh from command line or BAT file. :)

Naki, May 7, 2020
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 7, 2020
  4. sc00VN Win User

.bat file

A batch file (.bat extension) is basically a series of commands to be executed by the command-line interpreter. When you open the file, your system runs every command stored in the file from top to bottom, once the final command has been executed, it closes
    itself indicating it has finished its job. However, everything happens so fast you think it closes immediately and that's completely normal.

If you want the command-line interpreter window to remains open once the last command has been executed, I suggest you do the following:

- Right click on the .bat file and click on the 'edit' button.

- It will open a notepad displaying a series of commands.

- Create a new line by hitting enter after the final text and type in 'pause' without quotes.

- Save the file and run it. This time the window will remain open.

sc00VN, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 taskbar refresh from command line or BAT file. - Similar Threads - taskbar refresh command

2. Command line remove taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line remove taskbar icons: Hello,We are upgrading users from Office 2016 to O365.We're finding some users have pinned the Office 2016 icons to their taskbar and we're struggling to find a method to remove those legacy icons.We can go to this location and easily delete the icons:...
  3. start line - end line to output file (BAT script)

in Windows 10 Support
    start line - end line to output file (BAT script): input.txt it is a text file with 10 lines in it one two three four five six seven eight nine ten i want to create a text file from line 3 to 7 it will be output.txt three four five six seven i want to know, how i can create a file that getting lines from another file...
  4. Windows 10 Command Line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Command Line: Microsoft Windows [Version 10_____________________] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\_________>d: D:\>COSMOS\MYTEST\"My Test.mw" D:\> 1 Is there a way to use the command CLS to clear only a portion of contents on a screen? 2 The above code...
  5. Windows 10 Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Command Line: In the following code I want to erase the second instance of D:\>COSMOS\MYTEST\"My Test.mw" How can I do that? Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1016] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Coover> d: D:\> :: move program execution from the...
  6. Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar: Some UWP apps look very out of place on my taskbar and I wanted to change the icons. The only way I found looking instead of editing in MS Visual Studio was to make a run command and that opens the app. However, I can't pin it to the taskbar. I tried .bat but that didn't work...
  7. Deleting files with command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files with command line: I used del filename and it was successfully deleted. I also used dir to double check. However, when I checked the Recycle Bin; the file wasn't found inside. Was this file permanently deleted?...
  8. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...
  9. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...
  10. Create exe files from bat files using native windows commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create exe files from bat files using native windows commands: Came across this hidden Windows gem I have never seen about converting bat to exe files. I know there are 3rd party apps but was unaware you could do it from Windows iExpress: Convert BAT-files into EXE-files [How-To] | Maintenance and System Tools | Windows Tools, Help...