Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar reset without my permission.

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar reset without my permission. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Windows 10 computer (which was updated from Windows 7 a few months ago) has a completely different setup for my Taskbar upon startup, both in terms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MLDKF, Nov 8, 2020.

1. /u/MLDKF Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar reset without my permission.

My Windows 10 computer (which was updated from Windows 7 a few months ago) has a completely different setup for my Taskbar upon startup, both in terms of programs and coloring. Anyone know what happened?

submitted by /u/MLDKF
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MLDKF, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Nov 8, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar reset without my permission.

Reset Windows 10 file permissions to default

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you receiving any error message while accessing any files?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Startup troubleshooter.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

6. Close the Powershell window

7. Reboot

Method 2: If you are facing issues accessing files, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This may be caused by incorrect permissions on the files.

You can fix this using these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar reset without my permission.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar reset without my permission. - Similar Threads - Taskbar reset without

2. Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission: hello. i am constantly busy on my computer and i do a lot of work that i can not afford to lose. every now and then my computer will crash and then go to this screen. now usually i just follow the instructions and say “i dont have a product key” and i have to redownload...
  3. Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission: hello. i am constantly busy on my computer and i do a lot of work that i can not afford to lose. every now and then my computer will crash and then go to this screen. now usually i just follow the instructions and say “i dont have a product key” and i have to redownload...
  4. Help, my computer keeps factory resetting without my permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will windows 10 update to 11 without my permission?

Will windows 10 update to 11 without my permission?: Does anyone know if windows 10 will trick me into updating to windows 11 as part of typical automatic updates? Or will I need to tell windows I am ok with the update to windows 11?I am really not ready to upgrade yet and I do not want it to happen automatically....Thanks....
  6. What with all the apps in my taskbar Windows installed without my permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What with all the apps in my taskbar Windows installed without my permission?: What the hell Microsoft?I tolerated the intrusive addition of the Cortana app to my task bar, which I can neither uninstall from my system or remove from my task bar, but now there's this "news" app also??Why do I even need to go to the trouble of complaining about this? How...
  7. Reset the windows 10 without admin permission

Reset the windows 10 without admin permission: Hi, I would like to receive support from you. am currently using windows 10 64bit but the person who use to use the desktop that am using is not available at all due to different reasons. the account that am using now is a standard account and whenever i try to install an...
  8. My windows reseted without my permission. windows 10

My windows reseted without my permission. windows 10: Hello Microsoft Community, Today I opened my pc and said that I couldn't login into my operating system. I didn't even know what is that about so I pressed sign out. It signed me out and then got me to the login screen the normal one. I inserted my password and then it said...
  9. Your Phone pinned itself to my Taskbar without my permission in Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone pinned itself to my Taskbar without my permission in Windows 10 version 2004: submitted by /u/Registered-Redditer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbiyio/your_phone_pinned_itself_to_my_taskbar_without_my/
  10. Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission

Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission: Hi. I am a CS student and there are several apps I need installed on my PC (even if they are not compatible with it or slow it down). Just now I have found out Windows 10 silently uninstalled Meld and Visual Studio Code without my knowledge, let alone my permission. I've read...