Windows 10: Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions

Discus and support Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I have a windows 10 installation. Last week it was upgraded to windows 10 1809 via Windows update. I'm now unable to use the windows search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by kevinmmscommunity, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions

Hi,

I have a windows 10 installation. Last week it was upgraded to windows 10 1809 via Windows update. I'm now unable to use the windows search function. Normally, i click the start button and start typing, the related information begins to appear.

Now, when I click the start menu and start typing, a white window that's wider than the normal search winodow. If i delete what I type, the window background turns black and the contents in the attached picutre appear, which I've never seen before when performing a search from the start menu. I've changed the taskbar setting to show the search field, but get the same results.

Any help/sugggesiosn woudl be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions debf0b13-969a-48a3-884f-1bd080833c9b?upload=true.png

:)

kevinmmscommunity, Apr 5, 2019

2. Jump Lists No Longer Appear

After the uninstallation of some software yesterday, I no longer have jump lists in my taskbar icons. I right click on them, and there's no response whatsoever. Right click functionality on the taskbar itself and in all other places appears to be normal. I'm hoping there will be a relatively simple registry key I can edit or something. Anyone have some suggestions?

lightwriter, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions

having a problem with Windows 10 taskbar. help needed,

It's still happening after i have done the above mentioned steps. I was running FireFox, I had 3 tabs open. 2 were Newegg.com, 1 was TPU. Closing them did NOT resolve the issue. Im starting to think that this is being caused by a windows process. notifications are entirely off too. FFS, this is really annoying.

***edit***
    I tried This fix, and im Hoping it will work.
    RAN=elevated PowerShell\Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}\Enter\fingers Crossed *Wink Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions ;)

I Also installed "start10" and customised the start Menu, and Added a proper start button. Still no frozen taskbar, and its been Far longer than it normally takes until it used to happen.

jboydgolfer, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions

1. Windows 10 - Taskbar seach no longer functions - Similar Threads - Taskbar seach longer

2. MSPaint no longer functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar and Explorer.exe not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Explorer.exe not functioning: Hi everyone.I would greatly appreciate some help by anyone who experienced the same issues. The taskbar at the bottom of the screen is there but most of its functions are not working. The Start Button, Cortana, Task View, Network, Sound, Date and Notifications DO NOT RESPOND,...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar and Explorer.exe not functioning

Windows 10 Taskbar and Explorer.exe not functioning: Hi everyone.I would greatly appreciate some help by anyone who experienced the same issues. The taskbar at the bottom of the screen is there but most of its functions are not working. The Start Button, Cortana, Task View, Network, Sound, Date and Notifications DO NOT RESPOND,...
  5. Windows 10 Taskbar and Explorer.exe not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Today, the first four icons in the task bar stopped responding to the mouse including the start menu and search function see image of affected icons. The start menu still opens when I push the appropriate key on my keyboard....
  7. Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function

Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Today, the first four icons in the task bar stopped responding to the mouse including the start menu and search function see image of affected icons. The start menu still opens when I push the appropriate key on my keyboard....
  8. Windows 10 Audio input no longer functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Audio input no longer functioning: Hello Everyone, I tried using the windows 10 xbox game bar to join a party chat for the first time. During this session everything was working fine, and then I could no longer hear anyone (but I could still hear all other audio). After restarting my computer, the audio input...
  9. Windows Update no longer functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update no longer functions: I got behind in my updates and had a many updates to do. During update for KB4485449, the process got aborted before finishing correctly. Now, I always get error message that I cannot get updates. I tried to uninstall all updates I did on this same date, but when I tried to...
  10. WIndows 10 apps no longer function

WIndows 10 apps no longer function: Hi, My Windows 10 apps no longer work on this account: - They do on other accounts on the same machine - The desktop apps launch without problem from the Windows 10 Start Menu Example: calculator, Wikipedia, NetworkSpeedTest. I already tried to reset the Windows 10...