Windows 10: windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware?

Discus and support windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; At the same time as the pictures at the right end of the search box in the taskbar appeared, about a week agok an image that looks like an insect,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Allan.R, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Allan.R Win User

windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware?

At the same time as the pictures at the right end of the search box in the taskbar appeared, about a week agok an image that looks like an insect, about the height of the lower case text of the prompt "Type here to search," appeared above the "s" in the text. This did NOT GO AWAY when any of the recommended fixes were applied, although they did remove, reinstall, and remove the FULL SIZE pictures on the right end of the box. The "fly" as I call it stayed through all of these "fixes," even restarting the entire computer. Moving the taskbar to either side or the top removed the "fly" from the

:)

Allan.R, Oct 1, 2022
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Oct 1, 2022
  3. No search box on taskbar windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware? :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2022
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware?

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

1. windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware? - Similar Threads - taskbar search box

2. windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware?: At the same time as the pictures at the right end of the search box in the taskbar appeared, about a week agok an image that looks like an insect, about the height of the lower case text of the prompt "Type here to search," appeared above the "s" in the text. This did NOT GO...
  3. windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware?

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 taskbar search box tiny image ABOVE the word "search" -- is this malware?: At the same time as the pictures at the right end of the search box in the taskbar appeared, about a week agok an image that looks like an insect, about the height of the lower case text of the prompt "Type here to search," appeared above the "s" in the text. This did NOT GO...
  4. Unresponsive transparent window above search on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive transparent window above search on taskbar: Please guide me how to remove this transparent window , its all above the windows on screen causing that particular area unresponsive loading continuously . Regards....
  5. Unresponsive transparent window above search on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive transparent window above search on taskbar: Please guide me how to remove this transparent window , its all above the windows on screen causing that particular area unresponsive loading continuously . Regards....
  6. Search Box in the Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box in the Taskbar: I am not able to use the search box present in the taskbar,whenever i click on it nothing happens and it does not open, i have tried restarting windows explorer and have also repaired registry.Please Help as it is very annoying....
  7. Search box on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box on taskbar: Since the last update for WIndows Pro, the search box on the taskbar is no longer working. I can't type anything into it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/b7e24968-dd0f-4cf8-909c-4b794a3ac4ba
  8. Search box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search box on Taskbar: Hello, Is there any way to change search engine from Bing to google in Windows 10 search box on the taskbar? I have read from other posts that it is possible you change bing to google in your browser, but it is not possible to change bing in the search box on the taskbar in...
  9. Search Box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box on Taskbar: Just updated Windows 10 and my Search Box on my Taskbar no longer functions--just a blank box. How can I recover my Search Utility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/38bb2870-91c0-4860-a66a-2398334a8f83"
  10. Huge menu above search box

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge menu above search box: Hi I have just upgraded Win10 to Version 1909 Build 18363.418 and have suddenly got this huge menu which pops up when I select the search box. It coveres nearly half of the screen. I have no idea what it is called. I seems some users got something similar with the last...