Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When attempting to use the search function, the screen remains stuck on this blue magnifying glass icon and does not update or show any results... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexAbbruscato, May 19, 2023.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?

When attempting to use the search function, the screen remains stuck on this blue magnifying glass icon and does not update or show any results regardless of what is entered.STEPS ALREADY TAKEN TO ADDRESS ISSUE: PLEASE, DO NOT SIMPLY SUGGEST I REDO THE ITEMS ON THIS LISTNOTE: I restarted the entire PC after attempting each step in this list1. Disabling and re-enabling taskbar search in Settings menu2. Restarting SearchApp.exe and SearchIndexer.exe in task manager 3. Restarting Windows Search service from services.msc menu4. Rebuilding Windows Search Index5. Running Windows Search and Indexin

:)

AlexAbbruscato, May 19, 2023
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, May 19, 2023
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 19, 2023
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Search Feature

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?: When attempting to use the search function, the screen remains stuck on this blue magnifying glass icon and does not update or show any results regardless of what is entered.STEPS ALREADY TAKEN TO ADDRESS ISSUE: PLEASE, DO NOT SIMPLY SUGGEST I REDO THE ITEMS ON THIS LISTNOTE:...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Search Feature Broken, Is There a Fix I Haven't Tried?: When attempting to use the search function, the screen remains stuck on this blue magnifying glass icon and does not update or show any results regardless of what is entered.STEPS ALREADY TAKEN TO ADDRESS ISSUE: PLEASE, DO NOT SIMPLY SUGGEST I REDO THE ITEMS ON THIS LISTNOTE:...
  4. I Haven't Received Windows 10 Search Highlights Update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Haven't Received Windows 10 Search Highlights Update...: Hi all,I have been waiting quite a while for the new feature called "Search Highlights" but I haven't received it, while most people around me have received it. My windows build is 21H2, 19044.1826, and my computer states that I am up to date on version KB5015807. Any reason...
  5. I Haven't Received Windows 10 Search Highlights Update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Haven't Received Windows 10 Search Highlights Update...: Hi all,I have been waiting quite a while for the new feature called "Search Highlights" but I haven't received it, while most people around me have received it. My windows build is 21H2, 19044.1826, and my computer states that I am up to date on version KB5015807. Any reason...
  6. I Haven't Received Windows 10 Search Highlights Update...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update

in Cortana
    Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update: Does anyone have any advice on how to fix search being broken after v2004 feature update? - File Explorer unable to type anything in the search bar - Windows/ Start Menu unable to type anything to search - Search Icon/Bar unable to type anything or respond when click -...
  8. Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature: Microsoft has finally realized that the search engine in Windows 10 has the potential to break other features. Microsoft says that there were enough people turning off Windows Search to fix issues like Excessive Disk Usage. Windows Search is deeply integrated into the...
  9. Fix broken Search shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix broken Search shortcuts: I have reinstalled my audio drivers and whenever I type "Dell Audio" on the Start menu, it pops up but doesn't work whenever I click it. (1st picture) [img] The shortcut under the Start menu folders works, though. (2nd picture) [img] 87093
  10. Missing features in windows 10 or i haven't searched good enough ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing features in windows 10 or i haven't searched good enough ?: I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 , strangely i am getting the sense this was more of a down grade where please let me discuss some features i am missing and if there were any way i can toggle them back : 1 - Monitored Connections could be easily accessed on near...