Windows 10: Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working

Discus and support Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloTaskbar Search box is visible but unable to type in the box therefore unable to search .Please adviseRegardsJohn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EFLYNN, Jul 24, 2022.

1. EFLYNN Win User

Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working

HelloTaskbar Search box is visible but unable to type in the box therefore unable to search .Please adviseRegardsJohn

:)

EFLYNN, Jul 24, 2022
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jul 24, 2022
  3. APG6 Win User
    my taskbar search is working sporadically

My taskbar search bar is working some of the time. For example, if I type in "TaskMgr", it will list taskmgr, and when I click on it, it opens my Task Manager, as expected.

But if I type in a file name or an app, like WinMerge, it will list them properly in the Search list, but if I click on them, either nothing happens or it takes me to the root window of File Explorer, instead of to the file or the app.

I ran through all the steps on this page, to no avail: How to fix search problems in Windows 10

Any ideas?

4. Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working

1. Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar search working

2. WIndows Taskbar Search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Taskbar Search not working: I recently updated to Windows 10 version 2023-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based systems KB5025221 and now my taskbar search isn't responding to anything. I've done WIn+S, clicked on it, even pressed start, and then started typing. Nothing happened...
  3. WIndows Taskbar Search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Taskbar Search not working: I recently updated to Windows 10 version 2023-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based systems KB5025221 and now my taskbar search isn't responding to anything. I've done WIn+S, clicked on it, even pressed start, and then started typing. Nothing happened...
  4. Windows taskbar search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar search not working: Hello, I see my windows taskbat search but I cannot type on it or search anything. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-search-not-working/377c72b9-8e1f-40dd-ac39-9ef246d4a7c7
  5. Windows taskbar search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taskbar search not working: Hello, I see my windows taskbat search but I cannot type on it or search anything. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-search-not-working/377c72b9-8e1f-40dd-ac39-9ef246d4a7c7
  6. Windows taskbar search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working: HelloTaskbar Search box is visible but unable to type in the box therefore unable to search .Please adviseRegardsJohn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-taskbar-search-not-working/b95c2abb-8833-4a91-9748-edebbca52f18
  8. Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Taskbar search not working: HelloTaskbar Search box is visible but unable to type in the box therefore unable to search .Please adviseRegardsJohn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-taskbar-search-not-working/b95c2abb-8833-4a91-9748-edebbca52f18
  9. Taskbar/windows search not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar/windows search not working: Recently I bought a new ssd, wiped my old storages and did a full fresh install of Windows 10 pro, all was fine and has been fine until lately I have noticed quite a few issues. Mainly being I can't right click on my windows button, when I right click my mouse jumps a few...
  10. Search in Windows 10 Taskbar Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search in Windows 10 Taskbar Stopped Working: Hi, Win10 version 1607 OS Build 14393.1358 The search area on the task bar - it's the magnifying glass icon. Usually it works OK, like if I need to find CCleaner I just type "cc" and it'll confirm it's installed or not. Or I type "update" and it'll find java update, MS...