Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken.

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are two things that I'm aware of that are not significant but its bothering me with my windows 10 taskbar. When I right click the sound icon and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JordanPaul4, May 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken.

There are two things that I'm aware of that are not significant but its bothering me with my windows 10 taskbar. When I right click the sound icon and try to go to sound settings , it briefly opens a command prompt which closes immediately , this is the same as trying to go to taskbar settings by right clicking the taskbar. I really dont want to have to perform a repair installation as its something so small and I have too much to lose on my computer. Any fixes ?

:)

JordanPaul4, May 2, 2020

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I hate the fact that the control panel classic is missing from windows 10. My work around was simply to type in control panel in the start menu search bar and then pin the resulting control panel shortcut to the start menu quick access panel or taskbar

I think I'm unwilling to change with the times *Smile Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken. :)

jboydgolfer, May 2, 2020
  4. JTArnott Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken.

How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

This answer is troubling. Yes, after opening the calculator, I could right-click the icon in the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar. BUT, why was I unable to simply drag the shortcut from the desktop? This answer says I "should be able to drag and drop",
    but I wasn't. What's the root cause of THAT failure?

JTArnott, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken. - Similar Threads - Taskbar Shortcuts Broken

2. Broken desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken desktop Shortcuts: Hi all,I have a problem with my desktop shortuts. When I restart my laptop and click on any shortcut, I get the below message.The program still opens, but the shortcut icon disappears and is now in my recycling bin. This happens everytime the laptop restarts with every...
  3. Broken desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken desktop Shortcuts: Hi all,I have a problem with my desktop shortuts. When I restart my laptop and click on any shortcut, I get the below message.The program still opens, but the shortcut icon disappears and is now in my recycling bin. This happens everytime the laptop restarts with every...
  4. Broken system shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken system shortcuts: When I press Win key + R my run window comes up and I can run CMD from systen32 folder but when I open menu and go to windows system menu the shortcuts are white and do not open the programs. Same thing happens if I type run or command in menu, white shortcuts and do not open...
  5. Broken system shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken system shortcuts: When I press Win key + R my run window comes up and I can run CMD from systen32 folder but when I open menu and go to windows system menu the shortcuts are white and do not open the programs...
  6. Broken system shortcuts

Broken system shortcuts: When I press Win key + R my run window comes up and I can run CMD from systen32 folder but when I open menu and go to windows system menu the shortcuts are white and do not open the programs...
  7. Taskbar is broken

Taskbar is broken: For a few days now my laptop's taskbar has been completely broken and the only thing that appears is the arrow pointing up. I've tried resetting Microsoft explorer to reset the taskbar but that hasn't helped. File explorer doesn't open anymore but I can still access my files...
  8. Shortcuts broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcuts broken: [ATTACH] I recently updated my PC (yesterday) and all my shortcuts are now broken .url files.is there a way to fix this other than recreating the shortcuts? https://preview.redd.it/tm54cduglkp61.png?width=617&format=png&auto=webp&s=d9da703bce7a832077ee189d9a1262864c272beb...
  9. Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar broken issue on Windows 10: Ok, so i have an issue with my windows 10 taskbar. (since 2017). This is the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WksRoicMOQc when i right click on any icon on the windows 10 task bar, then i want to enter his properties so this is happening. My windows 10 got the...
  10. Ctrl Shortcuts Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Shortcuts Broken: They only break when I'm playing a game, but here's a list of things people told me and it didn't work. -updating drivers -running troubleshooter -sfc /scannow...