Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar shows up in any Windows apps even when in fullscreen?

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar shows up in any Windows apps even when in fullscreen? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; This is mind boggling. With any normal games, like games installed through Steam, I can do Borderless Window, Fullscreen, etc no problem. The taskbar... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Zepholox, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Zepholox Win User

Windows 10 taskbar shows up in any Windows apps even when in fullscreen?

This is mind boggling. With any normal games, like games installed through Steam, I can do Borderless Window, Fullscreen, etc no problem. The taskbar doesn’t show up (of course). For some reason however, with games installed through the Microsoft Store (Minecraft, Halo 5 Forge, etc) it will pop up when the mouse is moved to the bottom or top. This is a huge problem, because it happens even when it is being used for mouse look. So if I look down at the ground in Minecraft, Halo, any gaem, the taskbar shows up. And then if I click at that moment, suddenly the window is no longer the active window. Also if I look up at the sky, the top bar of the program will show up. This doesn’t happen in Minecraft Java Edition. I’ve searched forums galore, tons have had this problem, but nobody has had a viable solution. Here are things I have tried:

1. Restarting Windows Explorer

2. All sorts of different taskbar settings

3. Not using raw mouse input for games

4. Casting Spells

5. Disabling all running apps in the tray that might have an overlay

6. Unpinning all apps from taskbar

Please help me solve this, it's honestly such a terrible "feature" that I cannot imagine why anyone thought it was a good idea. On my laptop when I play Minecraft, it doesn't happen, only on my desktop. And when I run the game in windowed mode instead of fullscreen it doesn't happen quite the same, but sometimes apps that are pinned on the taksbar highlight as if I am scrolling over them. So this leads me to believe that maybe my apps are not restraining my mouse pointer as they should? Any help appreciated.

:)

Zepholox, Apr 16, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Linneh Win User

Taskbar showing through fullscreen mode

Hello, ever since I did the anniversary update on my windows 10, the taskbar is showing on top of another app's full-screen mode. Like when I try to watch something in VLC or netflix on fullscreen.

I don't want to hide my taskbar all the time and I can't find an option in the settings that'll fix the issue.

Linneh, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 taskbar shows up in any Windows apps even when in fullscreen? - Similar Threads - taskbar shows apps

2. My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen: My taskbar settings are set that the taskbar automatically hides and it does work, but only when my desktop is focused. If a window is fullscreen I hover my mouse at the bottom of the window but nothings happening. This happened yesterday and it worked fine before, I don't...
  3. My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar isn't showing up when a window is in fullscreen: My taskbar settings are set that the taskbar automatically hides and it does work, but only when my desktop is focused. If a window is fullscreen I hover my mouse at the bottom of the window but nothings happening. This happened yesterday and it worked fine before, I don't...
  4. Taskbar not showing any apps even windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing any apps even windows logo: i woke up to my pc not opening and beeping a short beep, i looked looked it up in google for a fix and found out it was the ram sticks bad or not properly seated so i went to do it by taking it out and putting it back and it worked after using it for a while i went back to...
  5. Taskbar not showing any apps even windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not showing any apps even windows logo: i woke up to my pc not opening and beeping a short beep, i looked looked it up in google for a fix and found out it was the ram sticks bad or not properly seated so i went to do it by taking it out and putting it back and it worked after using it for a while i went back to...
  6. Taskbar keeps showing up in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar keeps showing up in fullscreen: When I'm watching a video in fullscreen, youtube or otherwise, after about 45 minutes my taskbar will pop up. It's fucking annoying. submitted by /u/xKazIsKoolx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqertb/taskbar_keeps_showing_up_in_fullscreen/
  7. Is there any way to have the taskbar show in fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to have the taskbar show in fullscreen?: I am using the option of having the taskbar hide automatically and only show when you hover the mouse over it. I would like to be able to keep using this function in full screen mode. IE hover down while for example playing a video in full screen in order to toggle bluetooth...
  8. TaskBar showing in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TaskBar showing in fullscreen: Hi everyone, I've recently noticed in the game Rimworld, and I think other apps, that the taskbar is always showing in fullscreen. I have tried to restart windows explorer to fix this but it does nothing. Restarting my PC does not fix it either. Anyone know how to help?...
  9. Taskbar shows up in snap windows and fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows up in snap windows and fullscreen: As you can see in the pictures below when i snap a window and try watch it fullscreen as seen in the 2nd picture the resolution is messed up, taskbar shows and the fullscreen is messed up. (The 2nd screenshot may not show it but the sides of the screen show a bit of the...
  10. Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode: All of a sudden, now when I put any app in fullscreen, the taskbar remains in place. I have to set the host taskbar to autohide to see the fullscreen. It is really annoying in a hyper-v session as it hides the vm taskbar unless I autohide host taskbar This just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar shows up fullscreen