Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the same question that was asked here. I've been having exactly the same issue since beginning of usage Windows 10. The only thing that helps is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RomanSemyonov, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

I have the same question that was asked here. I've been having exactly the same issue since beginning of usage Windows 10. The only thing that helps is killing explorer.exe process and starting it again. Four years and a half passed since the problem has been issued and no solution at all. Seems like MS does not give a **** about its products usability.

:)

RomanSemyonov, Feb 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Minimize, Maximize and Restore taskbar showing on the top of the screen in Windosw 10.

Hello Valerie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you taking about the taskbar which is shifted to top of the screen?

• Does the “white bar” show up when you hover your mouse over to the top of the screen?

If you are referring to the taskbar, whose location is now changed to top of the screen, it is because of the changed taskbar settings in the PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the taskbar settings and check if the issue is resolved.

• Hover the mouse to the location of the “white bar”, right-click and select
      Properties.

• From the window, select Bottom under
      Taskbar location on screen option.

• Click on Apply and OK
      to check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persist.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system, and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

1. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications - Similar Threads - Taskbar sometimes top

2. Windows11 Taskbar at the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 Taskbar at the top of the screen: Currently, Windows11 Taskbar is at the bottom of the screen.I want to have it at the top of the screen.Please, provide an option for that.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-taskbar-at-the-top-of-the-screen/489c03cb-eccb-4e85-9216-ce54a113d198
  3. Windows Full Screen Application Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Full Screen Application Bug: This bug happens when I HAVE opened a full screen mode application and they are running background.The moment I tried to switch back to this application by either alt-tabbing or clicking on its taskbar icon, the screen flashes black as it should. But then it goes back to the...
  4. Windows Full Screen Application Bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Full Screen Application Bug: This bug happens when I HAVE opened a full screen mode application and they are running background.The moment I tried to switch back to this application by either alt-tabbing or clicking on its taskbar icon, the screen flashes black as it should. But then it goes back to the...
  5. Windows Full Screen Application Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Resize Windows 10 full screen application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resize Windows 10 full screen application: Hi - I have a media streaming application IPTV Smarters Player which will only run in full screen mode - so it always takes up a complete monitor when it is playing, I have checked and changed the various properties on Window sizes but nothing changes its behaviour. I even...
  7. Having taskbar on top is glitchy with browsers sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having taskbar on top is glitchy with browsers sometimes: [IMG] submitted by /u/AlcoholicNerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ef7x/having_taskbar_on_top_is_glitchy_with_browsers/
  8. TaskBar At Top Of Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TaskBar At Top Of Screen: Somehow one of my coworkers managed to change the location of the task bar to the top of the screen. I have been trying to fix it but i have the following issues: -If i right click on the taskbar, "Lock the taskbar" is greyed out and i cannot click it. -If i right click the...
  9. Small screen on top of full screem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Small screen on top of full screem: Small tabs showing pictures of full screen on top to my normal tabs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-screen-on-top-of-full-screem/cea8daac-8ef9-435c-971f-1a73d4d83519
  10. Windows 10 cut off the top (sometimes the bottom) of the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 cut off the top (sometimes the bottom) of the screen.: Hello everyone! I have a problem with the Windows 10. It seems it cuts off the top of the screen when I put a window into fullscreen. Its really annoying and I know I can reset the video driver by a key, but its not a solution. I linked a picutre what happening. I have an...