Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, after update i don't have icons anymore, they white. I tried with other user same pc, no icons as well. I tried uninstall/install applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OleksandrSilin, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone

Hello, after update i don't have icons anymore, they white.

I tried with other user same pc, no icons as well. I tried uninstall/install applications - no icons. I tried this steps didn't help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ons-gone/c27abf56-9703-40f0-9d82-6c48ee689b1f

For Git Extensions app for example i have next behavior: If i unpin program icon appears, if i pin back it disappear, and then menu is gone.

Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone 622f2d5e-9613-4073-988a-677aef43c26a?upload=true.jpg

:)

OleksandrSilin, Jun 13, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone

1. Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone - Similar Threads - Taskbar Start Desktop

2. Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu: First off, a little background information. This is a brand new Dell PC i5, 8GB RAM, SSD 512GB that came with Windows 11 22H2 Home pre-installed; I subsequently upgraded to Pro as we are in a domain environment. After a few days of use strange things began happening, desktop...
  3. Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu: First off, a little background information. This is a brand new Dell PC i5, 8GB RAM, SSD 512GB that came with Windows 11 22H2 Home pre-installed; I subsequently upgraded to Pro as we are in a domain environment. After a few days of use strange things began happening, desktop...
  4. Desktop Icons blank/distorted; Taskbar icons gone; No start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows security icon gone in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security icon gone in taskbar: Windows security icon in the taskbar is gone after I run Maintenance at the Security and Maintenance. Please help me to show the icon again in my taskbar. I tried so many methods, I tried to enable show icon in Settings, I also tried to run sfc /scannow and dism, I already...
  6. Windows security icon gone in taskbar

Windows security icon gone in taskbar: Windows security icon in the taskbar is gone after I run Maintenance at the Security and Maintenance. Please help me to show the icon again in my taskbar. I tried so many methods, I tried to enable show icon in Settings, I also tried to run sfc /scannow and dism, I already...
  7. Taskbar Icons gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons gone: aLL OF A SUDDEN SOME OF MY tASKBAR iONS ARE NOW GREYED OUT/SAME COLOR AS THE TASKBAR ITSELF. i TRIED CHANGING THE COLOR BUT NO JOY! wHY IS THIS HAPPENING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-gone/250e7e32-28c7-4856-b36b-8209c902d12d
  8. Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10: All my icons have been unpinned from the bottom of the desktop screen. Cannot get them back. any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/desktop-taskbar-icons-gone-missing-on-windows-10/02ea6899-2cca-402d-8a41-26462b79556d
  9. Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky

Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky: Been using Win10 for many, many months running with windows 7 format . This morning On logging in with password, it recognized me by username, BUT it then said "Preparing Windows". The desktop had only about 10 of the 50+ icons. Background image is gone. Start menu has none...
  10. Thumbnails, desktop icons, taskbar icons gone, Properties doesnt work

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails, desktop icons, taskbar icons gone, Properties doesnt work: All of a sudden the following symptoms (all at the same time):: 1. Taskbar icons gone (replaced by a neutral identical icon) except Edge and Store 2. In File Explorer, no longer thumbnails, no icons either, simply blank, but names show 3. All desktop icons gone; but their...