Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar unable to customize

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar unable to customize in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After some time of trying out Windows 10, I've realized that for some reason I am unable to customize the taskbar in Windows 10. I've tried dragging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hyhfct, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hyhfct Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar unable to customize

After some time of trying out Windows 10, I've realized that for some reason I am unable to customize the taskbar in Windows 10. I've tried dragging shortcuts to "Pin to Start menu", but to no avail. I have also tried unpinning items from the right-hand side with all the apps, but they never disappear, only have the option from "Unpin to Start" to "Pin to Start". Is there any way for me to solve this problem without resetting or reinstalling/uninstalling Windows 10? Thanks in advance.

:)

hyhfct, Aug 1, 2015

2. i am unable to customize taskbar

Hi! I'm not aware of properties. Have you clicked on settings?? Not sure what you mean by customizing the taskbar!

garybear89, Aug 1, 2015
  3. i am unable to customize taskbar

Windows 10 Taskbar unable to customize [​IMG]
    Sir,
    since I have updated my windows I am unable to customize my taskbar

Tell me how I will do it?

I have doesn't found the option of properties on right clicking on the taskbar.

How could I do that?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum topic.***

Ankush Singroha, Aug 1, 2015
  4. PascalD Win User

I have part of the same problem, only with my installation the problem only started after a couple of weeks of using Windows 10. I am able to change the settings on the right hand side of the task bar, but Windows won't attach programs to the taskbar any more.
    Is there a setting of the user account and / or a registry setting that would explain this behaviour?

PascalD, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Taskbar unable to customize - Similar Threads - Taskbar unable customize

2. Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar customization: How do I customize my taskbar so that there is NO feed for news or weather etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-customization/8355d032-d2e1-4746-a5d2-ace68ce5c56e
  3. Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar customization: How do I customize my taskbar so that there is NO feed for news or weather etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-customization/8355d032-d2e1-4746-a5d2-ace68ce5c56e
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar Customizations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Customizations: I manage a few thousand Windows Workstation systems but have been slow to take a critical look at the new UI and the viability of transitioning the staff to it. Once I got into it, I discovered that Microsoft has rewritten all the Taskbar code for UWP, forgoing all the rich...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar Customizations

Windows 11 Taskbar Customizations: I manage a few thousand Windows Workstation systems but have been slow to take a critical look at the new UI and the viability of transitioning the staff to it. Once I got into it, I discovered that Microsoft has rewritten all the Taskbar code for UWP, forgoing all the rich...
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar Customization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Customization.: Hey, Windows 11 is here and has made PCs look so much appealing to the eye! The same way Windows 10 changed the game when it dropped. But, along with what Windows 11 gives us, it also takes away some features that we loved in Windows 10. Maybe not a lot of them have gone, but...
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar Customization.

Windows 11 Taskbar Customization.: Hey, Windows 11 is here and has made PCs look so much appealing to the eye! The same way Windows 10 changed the game when it dropped. But, along with what Windows 11 gives us, it also takes away some features that we loved in Windows 10. Maybe not a lot of them have gone, but...
  8. Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar customization: Is there any software or anyways something that allows you to customize the taskbar beyond the usual stock customizations in the windows settings? submitted by /u/Licenziato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iivzcy/taskbar_customization/
  9. Customizing windows 10 taskbar labels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing windows 10 taskbar labels: I was curious as to if it's possible with apps such as chrome to change the display for the currently open tab to instead just say "Google Chrome" [img] As seen here it shows the entire tab label or as much of it as it can show without cutting it off, so far i haven't been...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help: hello; i have changed the default app icons in my taskbar and they look good, but when i run the app its icon changes to default until i close that app. to let you know i just right click on icon on taskbar >>Properties>>Change Icon. i also tried to save all app...