Windows 10: windows 10 - taskhostw.exe asks for webcam usage - ...

Discus and support windows 10 - taskhostw.exe asks for webcam usage - ... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there Microsoft. Why are you trying to violate my privacy??!! I do not want any automated and hidden task to use my camera. And you do not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GabiSondheimer, Oct 11, 2018.

1. windows 10 - taskhostw.exe asks for webcam usage - ...

Hello there Microsoft.

Why are you trying to violate my privacy??!!

I do not want any automated and hidden task to use my camera.

And you do not tell the truth as I checked "do not ask again" the problem continues and that you are BULLING me and wasting my time several times a day.

YOU MUST SOLVE THAT IMMEDIATTELY or I will complain to the EU commissioner.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

GabiSondheimer, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Wynona Win User

taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

I did a search for taskhostw exe and found the following:

windows 10 - taskhostw.exe asks for webcam usage - ... [​IMG]

That's a lot of 'em!

Wynona, Oct 13, 2018
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Mine is signed Microsoft Windows:

And, so is Taskmgr.exe:

And, SearchUI.exe:

So probably not a false flag signature on taskhostw.exe.

f14tomcat, Oct 13, 2018
  4. PRince4 Win User

windows 10 - taskhostw.exe asks for webcam usage - ...

I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this :

PRince4, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 - taskhostw.exe asks for webcam usage - ...

1. windows 10 - taskhostw.exe asks for webcam usage - ... - Similar Threads - taskhostw exe asks

2. Fix msedgewebview2.exe High CPU and Memory usage on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix msedgewebview2.exe High CPU and Memory usage on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The ‘Details’ tab in the Task Manager enlists a large number of processes that run in the background of your PC. In Windows 11 is this one particular process named ‘msedgewebview2.exe’ which people are concerned is consuming too much unnecessary CPU memory and...
  3. Windows 10 and webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and webcam: Hello,Yesterday, the webcam worked well. Today, the camera nor webcam worked. Could someone provide me with a fix, I would welcome it. Last week I saw moving horizontal lines, but when I clicked the screen they went away. Thanks....
  4. Svchost asking permission for webcam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svchost asking permission for webcam: Today, I opened my laptop and then my antivirus gave me this promopt. Name: svchostPermission: access the webcamIs it normal or am I infected???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/svchost-asking-permission-for-webcam/f212d06f-26a2-4994-9085-439d999679fd
  5. High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage cxuiusvc64.exe is the culprit: Hi. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) So my problems started a few days after the last update; 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems (KB5001330). I have Piriforms Speccy installed and it reports the cpu temp is around a constant temp in...
  6. Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator: I already checked to see if the box "run this program as administrator" is unchecked, and it is. Does anyone know any way to solve this issue? Windows 10 version: 1909 Build:18363.959 submitted by /u/Chocolakawaii [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is suddenly asking all .exe files to be ran as administrator: I already checked to see if the box "run this program as administrator" is unchecked, and it is. Does anyone know any way to solve this issue? submitted by /u/nerlxh [link] [comments]...
  8. unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unsual high cpu usage of regsvr32.exe: hello everyone I'm having a bit of trouble with this application. Just recently my CPU has been mostly taken up by one instance of the above file continuously running. Now I have had a look in Task Manager and the following command lines are stated as below:-...
  9. taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  10. taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041