Windows 10: Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ?

Discus and support Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When i open the windows 10 taskmanager and switch to performance tab and choose memory it does display the correct amount of ram (32 GB) but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rscalover, Feb 26, 2019.

1. rscalover Win User

Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ?

Hello,

When i open the windows 10 taskmanager and switch to performance tab and choose memory it does display the correct amount of ram (32 GB) but without the memory type eg that should be 32GB DDR4 also the speed , used slots , form factor and reserved for hardware information is blank.

CPU-Z aswell as hwinfo64 do read and display all that information correctly.It's getting on my nerves did i discover a bug without realizing it ?.

:)

rscalover, Feb 26, 2019

2. ms store and taskmanager

Hi,

I would like to know if you're still having this issue with MS Store and Taskmanager. In line with this, kindly provide the following information:

• What is the error message when running MS Store and Taskmanager?
    • Were there any changes made before this issue came up?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows 10? To find out which version of Windows your PC is running, press Windows logo key + R, type
      winver, then select OK.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

I'm looking forward to your response.

Melowin Mar, Feb 26, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    DDR4 2400MHz C14 or DDR4 2133MHz C13

neither is better. thy are likely the same thing, with near identical performance. As suggested, some user report issue with BIOS compatibility with Corsair DDR4 (more than is normal), so be sure the memory is on your board's QVL list (although 2400 MHz is rather slow for DDR4, 3000-3200 MHz is where real performance benefit of DDR4 begins)

cadaveca, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Mystere Win User

What you need to know about DDR4 memory

If you plan on keeping your DDR3 motherboards for a while I suggest buying memory while it's cheap. As soon as DDR4 starts shipping in quantity, DDR3 prices will likely start going up as production shifts to DDR4 and DDR3 becomes less common.

Mystere, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ? - Similar Threads - taskmanager recognizing DDR4

2. Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ?: Hello, When i open the windows 10 taskmanager and switch to performance tab and choose memory it does display the correct amount of ram (32 GB) but without the memory type eg that should be 32GB DDR4 also the speed , used slots , form factor and reserved for hardware...
  3. I cant make a screenshot of taskmanager

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant make a screenshot of taskmanager: Hello to all! I am using WINDOWS 10 1809 PRO official X64 without any updates. I cant make a screenshot of taskmanager i tried ShareX , FastStone Image Capture and others, i can use these programs to make a screenshot of all desktop, but when i try make a region TaskManager...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize SD memory in a device over a Bluetooth Connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 will not recognize SD memory in a device over a Bluetooth Connection.: Windows 10 will not recognize SD memory in a device over a Bluetooth Connection. Windows 7 and Windows WP do recognize SD memory in a device over a Bluetooth Connection. Windows 10 requires a USB connection to retrieve these files. What happened here and will it be...
  5. memory card port/ usb ports not recognized

memory card port/ usb ports not recognized: I have been having issues when trying to upload or move files, pics, anything from a memory card and my USB ports. some show on one of the usb ports but not all the time. HELP....FRUSTRATED...
  6. 1809 17763 Windows 10 October 2018 Taskmanager CPU load issue

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 17763 Windows 10 October 2018 Taskmanager CPU load issue: Is this seriously still not fixed and made it to the final release yesterday? I still see completely inaccurate CPU load figures in task manager... 119051
  7. anyone using DDR4 material?

anyone using DDR4 material?: hi, is anyone using DDR4 memory with motherboard 2011V3 and CPU? Just curious if this works well and fast. Thanks Jeff 3308
  8. DDR3 vs DDR4

in Windows 10 Support
    DDR3 vs DDR4: Is there a significant difference between DDR3 ram and DDR4? Would it be worth actually upgrading my motherboard to one that supports DDR4? My specs... CASE: CM Storm Stryker CPU: Intel i5 4690K 3.5GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: MSI GTX 1080 MOBO:...
  9. Windows 10 Home 64 - Half of 8GB RAM Available? [Taskmanager]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Home 64 - Half of 8GB RAM Available? [Taskmanager]: Hi, I'm new to this forum and i searched already in a few threads, but i couldn't find the right solution for me. I have 8GB installed as RAM, but in taskmanager my Lenovo Flex2-14 is only finding 4GB. How can i let my computer find it's full RAM of 8GB, instead of...
  10. What you need to know about DDR4 memory

in Windows 10 News
    What you need to know about DDR4 memory: Most computer technologies only last a short time before they are replaced by something new, but DDR RAM is one of the few that tends to last a while before being replaced. The original DDR SDRAM was launched in 2000 and lasted three years before being replaced in 2003 by...