Windows 10: Windows 10 tasks ending constantly

Discus and support Windows 10 tasks ending constantly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i recently tried to install filmora 9 but during installation, it began to restart. So i forced shutdown. When i booted it back up it started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RadDjCS, Jan 2, 2020.

1. RadDjCS Win User

Windows 10 tasks ending constantly

Hello, i recently tried to install filmora 9 but during installation, it began to restart. So i forced shutdown. When i booted it back up it started normally. i entered My password and it took 5 minutes to complete. But when windows loaded, windows explorer was constantly starting up and ending a couple of seconds later, even in safe mode. I tried task manager but it could never load either.

any help is appreciated.

:)

RadDjCS, Jan 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Task Manager "End Task" does not end task.

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does it show any error message while performing End Task Through
    Task Manager?

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to end the task and check if you’re able to

Safe mode:

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
      Shift key and click on Restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Click on Startup Settings.
    • Click on Restart.
    • When your PC starts up, you'll see a light blue screen with the Startup Settings menu. You can now choose an option using your keyboard (number keys or function keys). To start up in Safe Mode, press
      4 or F4. To start up in Safe Mode with networking, press
      5 or F5. To start up in Safe Mode with the Command Prompt, press
      6 or F6. If you change your mind and decide you don't want to boot into Safe Mode after all, hit
      Enter to boot normally.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Zekesemma Win User

End tasked Windows Explorer

In Windows 10 from task manager, I hit end task for Windows Explorer. My desktop is gone, Alt +4 doesn't being up shut down function. One suggestion was to click on new task in task manager, but I can't find new task. Help please. Thank you

Zekesemma, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 tasks ending constantly - Similar Threads - tasks ending constantly

2. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  3. Ended task Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ended task Windows explorer: I was trying to help with my cpu problems by ending any extra running stuff. I ended up ending windows explorer and I thought turning the PC off and on would fix it. Now all I get is a blue screen saying "recovery""Your pc/device needs to be repaired"....
  4. Unable to end Task Process - Loading symbol on cursor flickering constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to end Task Process - Loading symbol on cursor flickering constantly: Hi, I am after some help I have recently noticed that the circular loading symbol is constantly flickering. I am a Windows 10 user, I have recently installed the latest update. I tried the 'safe boot' suggestion that is mentioned online for this issue. It did not resolve....
  5. End Tasks in Task manager Windows 10

End Tasks in Task manager Windows 10: Why in windows 10 can in not end any task / process using task manager that I would like. For example the Xbox bar. When I try to end the task it tells me that I cannot end the process. In previous versions of windows if I wanted to end a task I could. Now all of the...
  6. ending tasks and accidentally ended a task that is my desktop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ending tasks and accidentally ended a task that is my desktop and taskbar: I was going through and ending tasks and accidentally ended a task that is my desktop and taskbar. When I minimize task manager there’s just a black screen. submitted by /u/prestoncollins [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gomd62/please_help/
  7. End tasked Windows Explorer

End tasked Windows Explorer: In Windows 10 from task manager, I hit end task for Windows Explorer. My desktop is gone, Alt +4 doesn't being up shut down function. One suggestion was to click on new task in task manager, but I can't find new task. Help please. Thank you...
  8. Accidentally ended tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally ended tasks: I was going through task manager to lower cpu levels and i ended a bunch of tasks not know what it meant. Nothing bad had happened yet or changed but I got rid a good 30 tasks i have been reading that its bad to do this and im extremely worried about it now. Is there anyway...
  9. End Task Problem. Task Manager.

End Task Problem. Task Manager.: My dad was press the "end task" button and the all of the function (like speakers, search button etc) and opening documents doesn't work anymore. I tried to search some information about these problem but I don't understand very well what I have to do. Please help me to...
  10. ending task??

in Windows 10 Support
    ending task??: trying to end a task in the task manager and it keeps jumping around how do I stop it so I can find the task I want to end!! 119891