Windows 10: Windows 10 Teaking internet when watching streaming video

Discus and support Windows 10 Teaking internet when watching streaming video in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was wondering if there is a way to get better results when you watch HD videos online and prevent the pauses due to internet speed. I personally have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rezpower, Aug 22, 2015.

1. rezpower Win User

Windows 10 Teaking internet when watching streaming video

I was wondering if there is a way to get better results when you watch HD videos online and prevent the pauses due to internet speed. I personally have a fiber 1gb/s connection and can download a HD video file of 8GB in about 5 minutes.
    So I should not have any problem watching the movie online and yet sometimes I get lots of pause. I was wondering if any of you guys know ways to tweak this process to get better result.

Back with windows 7 I know that this tweak was popular and advised but dose it work with windows 10 and is it a good tweak?
    add this to the end of it under "[mci]"

page buffer=100Tbps
    load=100Tbps
    download=100Tbps
    save=100Tbps
    back=100Tbps
    search=100Tbps
    sound=100Tbps
    webcam=100Tbps
    voice=100Tbps
    faxmodemfast=100Tbps
    update=100Tbps

:)

rezpower, Aug 22, 2015
  2. JohnokW Win User

Video Lag

Hi Janeane,

The problems with my video playing happens when I am watching all kinds of videos, e.g. when streaming videos off the internet in both I.E. and MS EDGE when watching Youtube videos, AND when watching live streaming through the Internet (e.g.
    with BT Sport). It also lags when I watch downloaded videos from my hard drive.

I haven’t consciously made any changes to my Windows 10 system.

My internet speed is good, I am getting 30+mps from my service provider, BT.

As for investigations by myself, I wouldn’t know where to look. However just a suggestion, whilst the main issue is video lagging behind audio, I am getting situations where my live streaming just sticks for a couple of seconds, then sort of
    catches up again, which might be something to do with buffering maybe?

Can you help? Is it possible to increase the buffer size?

Regards,

John

JohnokW, Aug 22, 2015
  3. p_dharma Win User
    Choosing when to download updates to windows 10

Hi,

I have a limited bandwidth internet connection and the windows 10 updates are taking a part of it and it is creating trouble when i stream or watch anything online. It causes videos to stream in low resolution or to buffer. I want to stop them temporarily
    or to reschedule to some other time when i don't use internet. Is it possible or i just have to follow the terms dictated by microsoft?

p_dharma, Aug 22, 2015
  4. owensdj Win User

You shouldn't have to do any tweaking to get HD movies to stream. I "only" have 60Mbps downstream Internet, but I've never seen any pauses. Where specifically are you having the problem? What apps/sites have the problem?

owensdj, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Your internet speed is only part of the equation. The servers internet speed, how busy it is, and what not also come into play. So even if you can do 1Gb/s, the server may only be capable of sending at only a certain rate.

Mystere, Aug 22, 2015
  6. rezpower Win User
    Thanks for your responses. Actually I was having some problem with few minor sites and I also believe that the problem could be on their side. When I use youtube for example I can choose 4k video and no pause at all. But if I choose to watch a trailer on imdb and choose HD then it pauses all the time. Same thing with some sites I have subscribed that show medical courses in hd.
    Now when it comes to downloading I use an accelerator and make 10 connections to the file and get max speed of my internet. If I just download the file normally my speed is not the same. I was wondering if there is a way to increase buffer or force more speed on streaming. So that's why I asked the question here. I guess if there is a way then this is the place I will get the answer and if not I will get the confirmation that nothing more is needed to be done.

rezpower, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Teaking internet when watching streaming video - Similar Threads - Teaking internet watching

2. Internet disconnects when watching videos or downloading content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects when watching videos or downloading content: For the past couple months I've noticed an issue specific to my desktop. At random, when I try to watch a video on youtube or discord, or try to download a file, the internet will simply stop working. The internet tab in my taskbar still says I'm connected, but any app says...
  3. Internet disconnects when watching videos or downloading content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnects when watching videos or downloading content: For the past couple months I've noticed an issue specific to my desktop. At random, when I try to watch a video on youtube or discord, or try to download a file, the internet will simply stop working. The internet tab in my taskbar still says I'm connected, but any app says...
  4. Internet disconnects when watching videos or downloading content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC restarts when watching streams or videos from YouTube or Steam.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC restarts when watching streams or videos from YouTube or Steam.: Hi, im currenty having an issue with a PC i just recently built. When ever i start a stream or video, maybe 2-3 minutes in, my PC would start randomly. There isnt a blue screen that appears when it restarts, just a black screen. It can also happen when i use spotify for about...
  6. Audio issues when watching videos/live streaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues when watching videos/live streaming: So today I've noticed whenever I watch something, whether it'd be live streaming or just a video on YouTube or VLC the audio would sound robotic every now and then, as well as lag a bit. Has anybody experienced this issue and how can I fix this? It was normal yesterday......
  7. Bluetooth interference when streaming videos and using internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth interference when streaming videos and using internet: Hello, I am having trouble with my bluetooth headphones on Windows 10. There seems to be interference in the audio (in the form of a crackling sound). If I am using the headphones I will get gaps in the audio when I load something via WiFi. For example, if I am listening to...
  8. cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Mozilla Firefox: I have updated Windows 10 to Anniversary Update ok with no problems..howver i cannot watch streaming mp4 videos in Latest version of Mozilla Firefox..do need to install a codec pack..as there are different sorts.. I tried running Mozilla Firefox in safe mode this did not...
  9. IRQL/KMODE when I watch a stream/video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL/KMODE when I watch a stream/video: Hello everyone, I have this issue for about a month already. Starting with Windows 7 I thought the problem would resolve itself once I switched over to Windows 10. Sadly I was mistaken, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD occur every day when I...
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...