Windows 10: Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

Discus and support Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I guess this time Microsoft will have to face many problems.... I don't know why people say "There is a keylogger in Windows 10 Technical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fahadking07, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

Hello all,

I guess this time Microsoft will have to face many problems.... I don't know why people say "There is a keylogger in Windows 10 Technical Preview". They say Microsoft collects their personal Data because they heard this from others. I may agree but it was clearly written in Privacy Policy for the Windows Insider Program that

I don't think so we should jump on Microsoft for this reasons. I got this information from my some friends and I was really upset by knowing that they started blaming Microsoft for this...... Anyways, what do you think ? Do you think it is a mistake of Microsoft or the users who downloaded it blindly ? Also I don't find any reason why should people have problem if they are collecting their personal information because no one will/is using Windows 10 Technical Preview for business purposes and if they are then they should take care.

-

:)

Fahadking07, Oct 6, 2014

2. Privacy

Windows 10 Technical Preview Collects User Data Using Keylogger ?

Should i be scared? It is gonna be only for making better the version , right?

PopescuMircea, Oct 6, 2014
  3. Kim.G Win User
    Windows 10

Hi Roli,

Windows 10 Technical Preview is an old beta version and has been re-branded to Insider Preview. So basically the Insider Preview is the later or updated version of the Windows 10 Preview.

Technical Preview Re-branded To Insider Preview

If you're familiar with the previous versions of Windows, Enterprise editions were designed for enterprise markets, mainly for businesses and universities, and not ideal for home use.

Thanks,

Kim G

Kim.G, Oct 6, 2014
  4. Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

~ Bump
    Sorry for bumping but I want to know what other thinks about it!

Fahadking07, Oct 7, 2014
  5. If it was just a normal data collecting, fine, but it is a bit more serious, like passwords and such:

TairikuOkami, Oct 7, 2014
  6. Ha the feedback app gives them enough raw info it has No spell check at all *Tongue

ThrashZone, Oct 7, 2014
  7. BillyBob Win User
    This is my first comment, it's not Microsofts fault, if people don't read the insructions its their own fault. If they don't like it they should quit the programme and leave it to others. I read the rules and am quite happy for them to do what needs to be done.

BillyBob, Oct 7, 2014
  8. Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

IMO, not really a problem in a test release, but if it isn't changed in the final version there will be issues.

lehnerus2000, Oct 7, 2014
  9. BillyBob Win User
    I've been using an Android phone for a few years, so I'm probably numb to getting spied on.

BillyBob, Oct 7, 2014
  10. When they release the final version I will create a private account as I did in Windows 8, that doesn't require me to log in, until then I expected them to want to know what is happening with the test version.

I doubt that they are going to misuse the info, any hacker could do that anyway.

I don't really have anything on my computer that's sensitive anyway.
    Stuff like that I have a little notebook for, there is still a use for a pen and papper. LOL

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 7, 2014
  11. Well sure, 99% people do not even know, that Google can do that too, like read emails and use their content to improve services or to share it with advertisers. People forget. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Oct 7, 2014
  12. Ah! I see. So many people are in support of Microsoft here. Anyways it was not their mistake. I just wanted to know what other thinks. Thanks for replies.
    If anyone else also wants to share their opinions too, feel free to share it *Smile

Fahadking07, Oct 7, 2014
  13. Mystere Win User

Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

You're making assumptions here. The problem here is that they're trying to dumb down technical aspects of the OS so people can understand them, and in the process it's losing context.

This is something that Windows has been doing for a very long time. They're just stating it differently. What they're saying is that when you type something into the address bar of Internet Explorer, it goes out to Microsoft's servers and searches for common lookups. This data is likely caught in logs for maintenance and debugging purposes, among others, so technically Microsoft is collecting your "typed characters" to present autocomplete data.

They're also collecting your "typed characters" so they can compare them against dictionaries to give you red squiggly underlines for spell checking. Again, both of these are things Microsoft has been doing for a very long time, and it's nothing new. What's new is the new "dumb people explanation" which people are misinterpreting. But, to be fair, no matter how they phrase it, people will misinterpret it.

Mystere, Oct 8, 2014
  14. unifex Win User
    In fact, I doubt that my Windows 10 knows anything about me. When I installed, it just created a local account with an arbitrary user name (well, not quite - it's *Cool ). It never asked me for an email address. It did ask me what do I want to share with Microsoft and these settings are quite detailed. I typically turn them all off. Here I left a few on, just so that some telemetry is uploaded, this is a test version after all.

unifex, Oct 8, 2014
  15. MrNeeds Win User
    I think if you actually read the setup screen then we would have known all this to begin with.

when you load windows for the first time, before you even create an account it says "use express settings" and "customize", in that list is, and I quote:

• Help improve Microsoft software, services, and location services by sending us info.
    • Use Bing to get search suggestions and web results in Windows Search, and let Microsoft use your location and other info to personalize your experiences.
    • In Internet explorer, use page prediction to pre-load pages, which sends your browsing history to Microsoft.

Not surprising at all considering MS are developing an OS, this is exactly what you expect when involved in a Beta OS participation scheme.

MrNeeds, Oct 9, 2014
Thema:

Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger

1. Windows 10 Technical Preview - Keylogger - Similar Threads - Technical Preview Keylogger

2. The Windows 10 technical preview setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows 10 technical preview setup: Hello, Please be sure to give me the Windows 10 technical preview setup download link. Please tell me what I need to do to get this link, do I have to sign up? I mention that I have Microsoft account. Wait for response! Thank you! A good day!...
  3. Windows 10 Technical Preview in other countries

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Technical Preview in other countries: Can the Windows 10 Technical Preview be used by people outside of the US? I have check the terms of use right before the stage of joining the program but I have canceled so far just in case. The terms of use says nothing about actually being unable to use it outside of the...
  4. win 10 technical preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 technical preview: Hi all downloaded latest win 10 (10162) TP yesterday but can only install on any instance of windows im using that time of installation be it 7 or 8 ..... or on a Virtual Box, but not a drive of my choice ?, will this be the same for the final release of win 10 or will u be...
  5. Can't install Windows 10 Technical Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Windows 10 Technical Preview: Hello, I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file, and I followed the steps in the tutorial here for dual booting with Windows 7, and I tried both options: dual boot using DVD, and dual boot through Windows 7 itself. When I try option 1 (using DVD): After I burned the DVD, I...
  6. Download Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones‏

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones‏: Hello, Windows Insider – It's Gabe again from our Operating Systems Group (OSG) with more updates on the Windows Insider Program. Since I last wrote to you, we've had over one million more Windows Insiders join the program! One reason for the growing interest was our...
  7. Office Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Office Technical Preview: Microsoft has a private Office 2016 beat group who have access to the next version of Office, and if you feel bummed that you were not included in the group, there is now a way to download the bits. If you head to the source link below, you can now sign up for the Office...
  8. Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview: Today, the Windows 10 Technical Preview was launched to give an early look at what’s next for Windows. Only available to install by joining the Windows Insider Program, the Technical Preview is also the best way to see the latest from Internet Explorer so join today. In this...
  9. Windows 10 Technical Preview - bits and pieces

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Technical Preview - bits and pieces: Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview - MSDN IEBlog Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview Published Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:30 PM Today, the Windows 10 Technical Preview was launched to give an early look at what’s next for...
  10. Windows Server Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Technical Preview: At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud OS vision, Windows Server brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure. Windows Server Technical Preview provides a wide range of new and enhanced features and capabilities spanning server...