Windows 10: Windows 10 Telemetry: new control option for Enterprise customers launches

Discus and support Windows 10 Telemetry: new control option for Enterprise customers launches in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft announced the public preview of a new Telemetry controlling option for Enterprise customers on July 23, 2020. Telemetry date, Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 24, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 Telemetry: new control option for Enterprise customers launches

Microsoft announced the public preview of a new Telemetry controlling option for Enterprise customers on July 23, 2020.

Telemetry date, Microsoft prefers the term diagnostic data due to the negative connotation of the term Telemetry, has been a controversial aspect of the Windows 10 operating system since its launch.

Microsoft decided to enforce the collection of Telemetry data on non-Enterprise systems and give Enterprise customers the choice to disable Telemetry.

While there are ways to deal with the collection of data on Windows 10 systems, see our overview of privacy tools for Windows for example, it is likely that most Windows 10 systems transmit data to Microsoft on a regular basis.

Windows 10 Telemetry: new control option for Enterprise customers launches windows-10-telemetry-data.png

Diagnostic data is used to measure and improve the stability and reliability of the Windows 10 operating system according to Microsoft, for instance by noticing and reacting to issues as quickly as possible. The company introduced an option in 2018 to view the collected data on the device it was collected on.

Microsoft notes that Enterprise customers had two options in regards to the collection of diagnostic data up until now: admins could disable the collecting entirely, or allow Microsoft to act as the controller of the data.

The third option that Microsoft launched as a public preview this week makes the Enterprise customer the controller of the data. Microsoft states that customers stay in control of the data but will still benefit from the gathering and making available of data to Microsoft.

Microsoft's role changes from the controller of the data to that of a data processor. Enterprise customers may "use familiar tools to manage, export, or delete data to help them meet their compliance obligations".

The example that Microsoft gives in the announcement has customers respond to user requests using the Microsoft Azure portal to delete or export diagnostic data. Administrators can add or remove Windows devices using group policy or mobile device management, according to Microsoft.

Enterprise customers find a link to a signup page in the announcement if they are interested in the preview. The service is available for Windows Enterprise customers and compatible with devices running Windows 10 version 1809 or newer.

Home users won't benefit from the new option, and it seems unlikely that Microsoft will change its stance towards the collection of diagnostic data on home systems anytime soon.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 Telemetry: new control option for Enterprise customers launches appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

And the way to turn it off for the rest of Windows 10 versions is to delete the "diagtrack" service. Then remove "windefend" followed by the removal of cortana, internet explorer and edge. These steps remove about 90% of this spying crap.

lexluthermiester, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
  4. torre Win User

Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Telemetry: new control option for Enterprise customers launches - Similar Threads - Telemetry control option

2. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  3. Windows 10 touch keyboard to get themes, new customization options

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 touch keyboard to get themes, new customization options: Windows 10’s built-in touch keyboard has been around for a long time and it’s a solid keyboard option. It comes with a lot of the standard features, including dark and light themes, auto-complete, emoji, and keyboard customization. According to our tests, the default touch...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry?: I was wondering if Windows 10 Enterprise has telemetry, since I have seen my computer trying to make a request to "v10.data.microsoft.com" My computer has windows 10 enterprise update 2004 [ATTACH] This is what I see on my Pi-hole logs, Edge it's not supposed to do this since...
  5. Office 365 Customer Experience and Telemetry Dashboard

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Customer Experience and Telemetry Dashboard: Office 365 has Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and Telemetry Dashboard Log. Are these features enabled by default? If so, do I need them enabled or can I turn them off? I am pretty sure they can be disabled in the group policy editor and/or registry editor....
  6. Windows 10 Custom Volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Custom Volume control: Hello guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home x64. I am tired of the 6-year-old volume control mini-menu it displays when you control the volume, that's how it looks: (Sorry if the image can even be seen in MS-DOS Without errors) [ATTACH] I want it like...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise OS customization.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Enterprise OS customization.: Can any Microsoft windows 10 enterprise edition buyer customize the architecture or add or delete OS packages as per his business needs?...
  8. Windows 10 options for a new customer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 options for a new customer: I am still using Windows 7 SP 1 with IE 11. Could you tell me if it is true that Windows 10 will have no Media Player, no PAINT option, no email client without a subscription to OFFICE? Thank you, TomS 117591
  9. Easier for Enterprise customers to upgrade to IE11 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Easier for Enterprise customers to upgrade to IE11 and Windows 10: Helping our Enterprise customers stay up-to-date with the latest version of the browser is a top priority for Microsoft. This is particularly important for Windows 7 customers who should upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 by January 12, 2016 to continue receiving security...
  10. New policy and guidance for Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customers

in Windows 10 News
    New policy and guidance for Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customers: Today, we’re announcing another significant step in the transformation of Microsoft volume licensing to make it easier for customers and partners to do business with us. Beginning on July 1, 2016, the minimum Enterprise Agreement (EA) commitment for commercial customers...