Windows 10: windows 10 telling me there are 17.2, 18 then 23gb of space to free up

Discus and support windows 10 telling me there are 17.2, 18 then 23gb of space to free up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows seems stuck on removing 15gb of windows update files, prior to that it said it needed to free up, as per topic above. * Does this indicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by leebojammin, Feb 14, 2019.

1. windows 10 telling me there are 17.2, 18 then 23gb of space to free up

Windows seems stuck on removing 15gb of windows update files, prior to that it said it needed to free up, as per topic above.

* Does this indicate windows is hopelessly confused and a reinstall is necessary ?

I highly doubt its the ssd, its not that old and well no moving parts--dunno.

I"ve had this problem for a long time as topic suggests, are there are ways to fix it or is * my only hope at this point ?

thx

:)

leebojammin, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Ron_Rv Win User

Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18

Every time I turned on my computer windows perform system restore to 17/11/18.

All updates, apps and programs I add (or remove) vanished (or remains) from my pc after reboot.

I can't use msconfig to get safe boot. After reboot windows starts normally.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

R

Ron_Rv, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
  4. windows 10 telling me there are 17.2, 18 then 23gb of space to free up

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 telling me there are 17.2, 18 then 23gb of space to free up

1. windows 10 telling me there are 17.2, 18 then 23gb of space to free up - Similar Threads - telling are 23gb

2. Not freeing up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not freeing up space: Hi . I have a problem I uninstalled two games 80 GB each and space on my disk didn't get freed up and I can't even locate the folders anywhere . I don't know if it's a Windows bug or something with my folders but I would like some help...
  3. Not freeing up space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not freeing up space: Hi . I have a problem I uninstalled two games 80 GB each and space on my disk didn't get freed up and I can't even locate the folders anywhere . I don't know if it's a Windows bug or something with my folders but I would like some help...
  4. freeing up space on windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    freeing up space on windows: one question. can i move my storage from pc to an external hard drive while being on hotspot that is beinjg provided by my android device??????? i am trying to free up space off my pc so windows can install a much needed update. many thanks in advance...
  5. free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    free up space: I am constantly deleting files so that my drive can be in the blue not red with space. I am not sure what to remove to get it in the blue again. This happens a lot to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/a15e3ad0-46ff-40cc-bd11-ce678cf07aac
  6. free up space

free up space: HOw do I transfer files from C drive to D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/3387af44-6d0c-46b2-af12-b325a86bdb5f
  7. Help me to free up the space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help me to free up the space: I want free space in windows 10 it saying my drive is full don't know what to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-free-up-the-space/e2aaab79-b3df-4670-b7ea-971556d9658d
  8. Freeing up space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeing up space: Temporary files won't purge. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-space/307c1381-b077-493c-9148-41decb9e54cc
  9. free up space

free up space: how do I free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/0e7474ee-5360-483a-9e9e-7342c9c5f530"
  10. Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18: Every time I turned on my computer windows perform system restore to 17/11/18. All updates, apps and programs I add (or remove) vanished (or remains) from my pc after reboot. I can't use msconfig to get safe boot. After reboot windows starts normally. Any suggestions?...