Windows 10: Windows 10 temp file constantly fills

Discus and support Windows 10 temp file constantly fills in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Temp file fills, can't delete fast enough. 164205 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deinermann, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 temp file constantly fills

Temp file fills, can't delete fast enough.

:)

deinermann, Sep 10, 2020

2. Temp file in File Explorer

Following a recent update, the Excel temp file shows up in File Explorer, as it should, but then it disappears, then pops up again, then disappears and pops up again, erratic but about every one or two seconds. As it appears at the top of the list, each
    time it appears it moves all files down a row, and it does it so fast it is difficult to click on any file below it, as they are all constantly moving up or down. The Word temp file stays there like it should. Suggestions?

LinwoodGilbert, Sep 10, 2020
  3. leda3333 Win User
    Settings will not open, Edge has disappeared, and temp files are filling up c drive in Windows 10

My c drive filled completely with temp files a couple months ago, and at the same time I could not open settings (using the icon or the search box), or edge. At some point edge disappeared altogether - will not come up with a search. Microsoft Store icon
    is missing. Through trial and error I was able to find and delete the temp files, but they are filling up again, and I do not have access to any of the settings functions to help. Temp files have increased by 30 gb in the last 10 days. I am not techy, but
    can follow step by step instruction. Would really appreciate some help!

leda3333, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 temp file constantly fills

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 temp file constantly fills

1. Windows 10 temp file constantly fills - Similar Threads - temp file constantly

2. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  3. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  4. Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files: This has been ongoing for a while now but I'm finally irritated enough by it to post. Every few weeks, our temp files folder gets filled up wit a bunch of .evtx files. I delete them all 118k of them and they come back as fast as I can delete them. It goes on for a few days...
  5. Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files: I have been having issues with the Disk going to 100% and basically making my Windows 10 system (Version 1903 OS Build 18362.720) unusable. I tried many many potential solutions to no avail. Search the internet many times. I notice when I ran antivirus scan, the disk usage...
  6. Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files: seems like 1 file per second.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-temp-folder-filling-up-with-same-sized/fd697516-5a7c-4d06-9041-2ae5bb0207f5
  7. Windows 10, filling up my temp files non stop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, filling up my temp files non stop.: Hello All, I have just recently upgraded from Windows 10 Build 1511 to 1909 due to windows being stuck in a update cycle that would fail every time I booted up my system and lock me out of my computer hours of a day. It's been 1 week since I updated my Windows build, now yet...
  8. AppX filling up temp file!

AppX filling up temp file!: What does Microsoft say about the problem of AppX error/service filling up a Temp file and that even if you delete it they start again? It uses up computer memory.....!!! Thank you....
  9. Windows temp folder filling quickly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows temp folder filling quickly: Hi everyone, please could someone advise? Since latest mega windows update a week or so ago my PC has been running out of disk space each evening, I cleared all pictures, videos and other files off C drive. Drive was a little on heavy side anyway (250gb SSD) so I've ordered a...
  10. Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files: My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution...