Windows 10: Windows 10 Temporary Profile Deleted All My Files

Discus and support Windows 10 Temporary Profile Deleted All My Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have lost an important file to a temporary profile. A few days ago Windows messed up my login process and I got signed into a temporary profile.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bxse, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Bxse Win User

Windows 10 Temporary Profile Deleted All My Files

I have lost an important file to a temporary profile.

A few days ago Windows messed up my login process and I got signed into a temporary profile. Back then I didn't know what a temporary profile was and thought all my files on my user profile were gone for good. There was no pop-up, no notification stating that I was signed into a temporary user profile I only found out after googling many hours later. There was an important document that I needed which I saved onto my temporary profile, but after logging back in the next day the document was gone. I only just found out that whenever I sign out the temporary profile and its associated data gets deleted. Is there any way to recover data from a previous temporary profile?

Note: I am aware that all my files on my main user account can still be accessed through my C: drive. However, the document I am after was saved onto a temporary profile which I am pretty sure has been deleted

:)

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Jan 12, 2020
  3. NShafkat Win User
    How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Temporary Profile Deleted All My Files

Can't delete temporary files in Windows 10

Windows 10 says my temporary files have 5.16 GB of temporary files. Using this recommended method

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete
    Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK
    Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK
    the files don't get deleted and looking at the size of the files I find that I have less than 30 Mbytes of temporary files

My computer (a tablet with keyboard) has only 32 GB of storage

What do I need to do to solve this problem?

Ken and MagsMay, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Temporary Profile Deleted All My Files

1. Windows 10 Temporary Profile Deleted All My Files - Similar Threads - Temporary Profile Deleted

2. Does Storage Sense delete temporary files across all profiles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Storage Sense delete temporary files across all profiles?: Greetings, community -We have multiple logins on some of our work machines, and it appears that users' OneDrive accounts are starting to fill the drives. I see that Storage Sense can be set up to control this through dehydration, but I was wanting to know if Storage Sense...
  3. Does Storage Sense delete temporary files across all profiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Storage Sense delete temporary files across all profiles?: Greetings, community -We have multiple logins on some of our work machines, and it appears that users' OneDrive accounts are starting to fill the drives. I see that Storage Sense can be set up to control this through dehydration, but I was wanting to know if Storage Sense...
  4. Does Storage Sense delete temporary files across all profiles?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover deleted Temporary profile.: Hey.I need help if someone is willing to help me. Yesterday my laptop opened up a temporary profile. And because I dont know alot about tech, I mistakenly moved my work into a temporary profile because I just thought I had a system reset. Today, it has gone back to its usual...
  6. How to delete all temporary files?

How to delete all temporary files?: Here it says i have 4GB Of Temporary files, but i open it in storage settings and only around 50mb is visible to delete, I've tried disk cleanup, and deleting the contents of temp and %temp% but still it is at 4gb Any Ideas? I dont have a windows.old either...
  7. How to delete all temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete all temporary files?: Here it says i have 4GB Of Temporary files, but i open it in storage settings and only around 50mb is visible to delete, I've tried disk cleanup, and deleting the contents of temp and %temp% but still it is at 4gb Any Ideas? I dont have a windows.old either...
  8. How to delete all temporary files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. I deleted all my temporary files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted all my temporary files: ⚠️URGENT⚠️ PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE⚠️ hi guys so i cleared all my temporary files and i really need them back and i wanted to know if there was snywsy to do that or sny websites that i could them bsck from for free because they one i found make me pay like 70 so yeah any help...
  10. Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile

Deleted files and data as it was a temporary user profile: Windows technical advisor recovered my documents and files. All on my desktop. I had lost access to them as i was logged into a temporary user profile. Anyways i have take computer to a shop, the guy checked whole hard drive, nothing is there. He thinks the advisor cut all...