Windows 10: Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any...

Discus and support Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this issue for several months now and have been managing by restarting my laptop every time. Frequently, whenever I open programs like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewTumang, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any...

I've had this issue for several months now and have been managing by restarting my laptop every time. Frequently, whenever I open programs like Microsoft Word or Excel, or try to edit text in Adobe Photoshop, virtually all text from Windows disappears and it's impossible for me to use almost any text editing tools.

It seems like the issue is that whatever is in charge of handling text display and loading fonts in programs is crashing. My reasoning is that I can open and load Photoshop perfectly fine, but when I try to load a file with text in it, try to edit that text, or try to add text via the text tool, the issue comes up again (Edit: I was able to replicate this on Paint as well, so it does seem to occur whenever I try to load fonts). Meanwhile, programs like Word or Excel, which rely on loading and displaying fonts from the OS cause the issue immediately upon opening. In programs like Paint or Notepad, I can still type things, but it seems to use some default font and it is impossible to load any other font. Text in Chrome and in the Start Menu on the other hand work perfectly fine, which I assume is because they handle text display on their own.

I've already formatted my drive and did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 via USB in hopes that it would maybe fix the problem but it did not. Since reinstalling Windows didn't fix it, I thought it might be an issue with my graphics driver, but that's been updated and nothing changed. I would like to get this fixed ASAP as it really ruins my workflow when almost all text from the system is gone and I have to restart my computer to bring it back.

My computer details are:

CPU: Intel Core -5-4200U

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400

8GB RAM

Here are several photos that show the issue and hopefully might give an idea as to what is going wrong with Windows:
    Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any... 63cf6330-cb09-413e-9d7e-934963ce30e6?upload=true.png
    Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any... fe66bb6b-cc04-4907-8ca4-4243c06becf1?upload=true.png

Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any... d1a6a90b-fa49-46fe-9933-39044c6d9c7a?upload=true.png

Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any... 9c4420bd-5ad5-46c6-947c-7a7adbb97ca1?upload=true.png

:)

AndrewTumang, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Decreasing font size in Internet Explorer address box (Windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to Internet Explorer?
    I would suggest you to try the steps as below and check.

Step 1:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Font Settings, click
    Restore default font settings and click OK

Step 2:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Change font size

Under Change only text size, select an option from drop-down menu and select the text size, click
    Apply

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any...

arrows disappeared in windows explorer context menu

You could start by checking this page:
    List of typefaces included with Microsoft Windows - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    There's more found by search:
    windows 10 system fonts at DuckDuckGo
    I could have suggested comparing your Fonts [in Control Panel] with another computer but a large number of Windows-based programs install additional Fonts so that may be too time-consuming.

Berton, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any...

1. Windows 10: Text and fonts disappear from drop down menus, taskbar, explorer, and any... - Similar Threads - Text fonts disappear

2. Cannot select items from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot select items from drop-down menus: Hello,I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I am trying to use an engineering load program from Carrier. However, I cannot select items from the drop-down menu. When I click on the items nothing happens. The same is true when I navigate to the items using the keyboard and hit...
  3. Cannot select items from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot select items from drop-down menus: Hello,I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I am trying to use an engineering load program from Carrier. However, I cannot select items from the drop-down menu. When I click on the items nothing happens. The same is true when I navigate to the items using the keyboard and hit...
  4. Cannot select items from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. drop down menus not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drop down menus not working in Windows 10: My drop down menus in Windows 10 flicker on but I cannot select any of the items. They do not stay there long enough. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus-not-working-in-windows-10/820967a6-d922-43e2-b2ad-adb5741f11bb
  6. Drop down menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menus: My dropdown menus have started opening up with a black background with red lettering. How can I change that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus/dac605d0-faff-49f1-a627-7d3866cd754a
  7. Windows 10 Random Drop Down Menus and Popups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Random Drop Down Menus and Popups: I've had Windows 10 for two years with no problems. I've begun to get drop down menus appearing constantly when I left click anywhere on my screen. I started this message and a drop down menu appeared: Paste, Select All, Print, Read Aloud, View Source Inspect Element. Another...
  8. Drop Down Menus disappear

Drop Down Menus disappear: When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears. Examples: Outlook: I click on the send to the button, I mouse down on the list (DDM) and the list of names disappears. OneDrive: Click on the OneDrive syncing...
  9. Text that disappears from menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Text that disappears from menus: Hey, I have a strange problem with text that disappears in all kinds of software I use. Sometimes it disappears completely and sometimes becomes strange symbols as in the picture attached. * I have Windows 10 on a stationary computer. I scanned for viruses and everything look...
  10. Printer missing from drop-down menus

Printer missing from drop-down menus: I have an HP Compaq 6200 SFF running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro that won't print to either of two HP printers I have tried. I have tried an HP OfficeJet 3830 and an HP OfficeJet 4650 and get identical results with both. I can, though, print to a Canon MP470 (so maybe the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why have my drop down menus on hp disappeared

2. drop down menu text disappeared

3. windows 10 font disappearing

4. windows 10 drop down menu disappears,
  5. windows 10 font disapear,
  6. text and fonts disappear