Windows 10: Windows 10 Text-to-speech doesn't work

Discus and support Windows 10 Text-to-speech doesn't work in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I installed Windows 10 on my PC and Cortana doesn't work. System audio, notifications, videos in browser etc are working correctly but text to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by snuris, Dec 8, 2018.

1. snuris Win User

Windows 10 Text-to-speech doesn't work

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 on my PC and Cortana doesn't work. System audio, notifications, videos in browser etc are working correctly but text to speech doesn't work. Voice samples in Speech settings (Microsoft David, Microsoft Zira and Microsoft Mark ) are not working too.

I installed US English language pack with all feautures (Text to speech, typewriting...)

Installing updates didn't help.

I checked if the system files are corrupted.

Reinstalling audio driver didn't fix the problem.

Reinstalling the system more times with the new ISO File didn't fix the problem.

:)

snuris, Dec 8, 2018
  2. freda Win User

text to speech

Do you heard of software which can read text in any application and convert text to mp3, wav, ogg or vox files? I known one - Alive Text to Speech , but it is not a free software, i can use it for 20 days.

Do you recommend a free software?

Thank you!

freda, Dec 8, 2018
  3. grecinos Win User
    How do you change the text to speech voice in a (Windows) vbscript?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a text to speech vbscript. The problem I'm having is that I can only select between 3 voices. I have 8 available in Windows 10.

Here is my code:

Code: set voice = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice") set voice.Voice = voice.GetVoices.Item(1) voice.Rate = 1 voice.Volume = 90 voice.Speak TextMessage[/quote] I get a vbs error message when I choose a number greater than 2 for the voice.GetVoices.Item(1) parameter.

Error: 0x80045039
    Code: 80045039
    Source: (null)

Any suggestions?

TIA,

grecinos

grecinos, Dec 8, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Looking for speech to text and text to speech software

Hello Elaine,

Windows 10 has two built-in apps that may help you with your productivity at work or while at home. You may read about them below:

Feel free to ask us, if you need further assistance.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Text-to-speech doesn't work - Similar Threads - Text speech doesn't

2. Windows Speech to Text not Working on Filter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Speech to Text not Working on Filter: Hello all. We are on Windows 10, and the Windows Speech to Text app Windows button + h is not working on our web filter. It works fine as soon as we come off of the filter. Does anyone know what url this app reaches out to, so we can whitelist it? Thanks a bunch....
  3. Windows Speech to Text not Working on Filter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Speech to Text not Working on Filter: Hello all. We are on Windows 10, and the Windows Speech to Text app Windows button + h is not working on our web filter. It works fine as soon as we come off of the filter. Does anyone know what url this app reaches out to, so we can whitelist it? Thanks a bunch....
  4. Speech-to-text not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech-to-text not working: yes, I have read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-not-available-in-current/9147ad8e-138c-4128-85b6-b78d88d3ea38 and it does not answer my problem.I tried Windows > H and got a bar at the top of the screen with a message saying Download...
  5. Speech-to-text not working

Speech-to-text not working: yes, I have read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-not-available-in-current/9147ad8e-138c-4128-85b6-b78d88d3ea38 and it does not answer my problem.I tried Windows > H and got a bar at the top of the screen with a message saying Download...
  6. Speech-to-text not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Speech to text

Windows 10 Speech to text: How can I get my speech to text to work in Windows 10? I've done the voice recognition three times and it never works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-speech-to-text/e4ed4318-bd1d-4644-9a91-db34f6bb7bb2
  8. Text to Speech not working

Text to Speech not working: I'm running Windows 10 Version 1809 (Build 17763.557) and I have English (India) as the system language. The text-to-speech settings shows 2 voices, i.e. Microsoft Heera and Microsoft Ravi, but the preview button doesn't playback any audio/voice. Therefore, when I'm...
  9. Text to speech not working

Text to speech not working: I have a laptop which I had brought a year ago . the issue is that when I listen PDF books using read aloud or text to speech feature, it is working fine in books which are written in English but when I tried to do the same with Hindi written books it is not able to give a...
  10. Text-to-Speech is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text-to-Speech is not working: Unfortunately Cortana is not working on my Windows 10 PC. This is the only problem since other features are working well. I have an US English language pack installed. I did some troubleshooting like installing updates and reinstalling audio drivers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vbs error 80045039

2. SPEECH DOESNT WORK WINDOWS

3. text to speech wont work

4. windows phone Why doesnt talk to text work?,
  5. my Windows Phone speech texting doesnt work