Windows 10: Windows 10 – The First 24 Hours

Discus and support Windows 10 – The First 24 Hours in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It has been an incredible 24 hours for Windows and our fans. We’re humbled and grateful to see the response to Windows 10. We have seen unprecedented... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 – The First 24 Hours

Source: Windows 10 The First 24 Hours | Blogging Windows

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  2. vgchat Win User

I wonder how microsofts servers fared in the first 24 hours of launch. With everyone updating their 7 & 8's to get them ready for W10 plus downloading the W10 iso's after that

:)

vgchat, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    win 10 slow

If this is within the first 24-48 hours of installing Win 10 then it's installing updates, configuring in the background & indexing. Mine was the same then after 24 hours of continuous running it speeded up.

Time Lady, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Lucho4 Win User

Windows 10 anniversary update takes 24 hours to install, why?

I tried yesterday doing the installation again, this time with the antivirus off. It is the same thing, after 24 hours it is only up to 91% and it seems stuck there, no progress in the last four hours.

Am I the only one with this problem? MS what is happening?

I remember that way back my first installation of Windows 10 took 24 hours but now this update seems like it will never finish. This is really no way to do business.

Lucho4, Jul 30, 2015
  5. pigpenz Win User
    I was curious at to whether the new roll out was a sizzle or fizzle, newspapaers haven't had too much on it.

pigpenz, Jul 31, 2015
  6. - mine took only 40mins in total from Install to running sweetly..
    - that deserves high praise indeed..!!

BugMeister, Jul 31, 2015
  7. 3 div. maschines, no Problems, Upgrades from W 7 and W 8.1 and Clean Install 30 - 50 Minutes. Good Job from MS.

Cluster Head, Jul 31, 2015
  8. MrNeeds Win User

I don't think the upgrades were that bad, most of the installation files were downloaded prior to release (windows~BT folder), the problem I experienced was the MS store, of which it refused to download anything in the first 24 hours, but that's it.

MrNeeds, Jul 31, 2015
  9. I am guessing they it was going well because everybody was downloading it and I had problems downloading Windows 10. I had to download it and install it from a flash drive instead of installing it from Windows Update. But other than having problems downloading I think it is a really great operating system.

ZeldaYoshi, Jul 31, 2015
  10. So my experience started poorly because of changes to Update and I could not get into settings to change it but now I feel guilty for complaining because a fix was available and now I have exactly to OS I want.

(BTW if this was a Mac no changes would have been forthcoming, it is what it is and if you don't like it, tough)

Well done Microsoft, I love it!

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Jul 31, 2015
  11. DKW
    DKW Win User
    Runs just as good as Windows 8. I've encountered no problems yet.
    I don't know what to do with myself, now that everything is back to normal.

12. CountMike New Member
    I'm using it as insider many 24 hours ago and it's getting better and better (most of time) but offer to upgrade my 8.1 is still dragging on. As 10240 for insiders is same as for upgrade, I'm not missing much but would like to do that upgrade soon so I can set it up properly, insider setup is pretty much stock.

CountMike, Jul 31, 2015
  13. altae Win User

For the first time ever I upgraded instead of a clean install. And so far I've not found a reason why I should do a clean install. Ok, I've got that little problem with the search app but apart from this everything is working well.

altae, Aug 1, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    If system is reasonably clean and in good shape there's no reason upgrade should not work. Possible exceptions are drivers if jumping over one windows edition like from 7 to 10 and some incompatible programs.
    In the past I reinstalled XP and earlier once a year just to make clean beginning.

CountMike, Aug 1, 2015
  15. I usually format/clean install every 6 months so this time I did a format/clean install before the 29th
    so the upgrade was on a virgin install, I have since loaded all my programs and everything is faster and great.

Just working through the glitches.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 – The First 24 Hours - Similar Threads - – Hours

2. My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...: My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a Circle loading it doesn’t show the percentage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-more-than-48-hours-resetting-im-worried/b9e24638-68e1-4eb1-b36f-282de96fc34b
  3. My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...: My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a Circle loading it doesn’t show the percentage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-more-than-48-hours-resetting-im-worried/b9e24638-68e1-4eb1-b36f-282de96fc34b
  4. My pc has more than 48 hours resetting I’m worried the screen is black and it only shows a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...: Hello, my Windows 10 is stuck in boot loop, I have tried restarting many times and let it boot up for countless hours but nothing seems to work, is there any way I could resolve this issue without the need of seeking professional technical help? I have tried accessing the...
  6. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...: Hello, my Windows 10 is stuck in boot loop, I have tried restarting many times and let it boot up for countless hours but nothing seems to work, is there any way I could resolve this issue without the need of seeking professional technical help? I have tried accessing the...
  7. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...: This is the info in the dump file.Can anyone help me to know how to fix it?DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using...
  9. Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...

Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...: This is the info in the dump file.Can anyone help me to know how to fix it?DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using...
  10. Booting Windows takes hours...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting Windows takes hours...: Short question:What does that mean, what can I do? Is this an update and I just have to wait? But it has yet been booting for hours... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-windows-takes-hours/70673c92-6e92-44ca-a98f-54cb91cbea75