Windows 10: Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

Discus and support Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Like the topic stands, my Windows 10 login screen doesn't show the option to type in username and password instead of just choosing the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PatVax, Jul 14, 2020.

1. PatVax Win User

Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

Hello,

Like the topic stands, my Windows 10 login screen doesn't show the option to type in username and password instead of just choosing the username I want to log on to. I was able to enable the other user login but by doing so I can only log in through the other user prompt without a list of existing accounts. I did it by enabling "Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in" in the group policy. However it is not exactly what I am trying to achieve.

I have seen Windows 10 devices where the user was able to login through selecting a user from a list and providing a password. On this devices in the list of known users there was the "other user" option which is missing on my PC. This devices probably where part of a domain which possibly enables the "other user" option but I am interested in achieving the same thing without a domain. Is this possible?

I am running Windows 10 2004 Education Edition.

I have an activated administrator account that I can us and log on into.

No problems logging in whatsoever, neither with user list nor with the other user prompt.

To put it my issue in simple words to summarise, I want a login screen where I have the usual list of available users along with the other user option.

I hope this description is clear enough.

Thank you in advance to anyone who might have a solution

:)

PatVax, Jul 14, 2020
  2. hpkrekt Win User

missing other user option in login window

This bug is still not solved.

I changed a computer from a domein to a workgroup and the 'other user' on the login screen is missing

and as there are only two users option left I can not use login with an other account then those shown on the login screen

hpkrekt, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Missing "other user" on login screen

I think it was when I updated the computer to the 1709 version of Windows 10 but I cannlt send a screen shot of the login screen but it only shows the local account logins. My home ocmputer also on pro does not show the "other user" option either.

Rstevens_Duckworth, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

Missing "other user" on login screen

Hi,

This could be due to a recent update or change done on the device which results on other user accounts not appearing on your machine. To isolate the ongoing issue with user accounts, please provide the following information:

• When did you notice that the other user accounts stopped showing on the device?
    • Have you made any recent changes on the device prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a local account or a Microsoft account to login?
    • What can you see on the login screen when the PC boots ups? Can you send us a screenshot?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

1. Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing - Similar Threads - user option login

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  4. On my login screen other user is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my login screen other user is missing: On my login screen other user is missing, I need it for my work account and am not sure how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-login-screen-other-user-is-missing/b3164850-327b-4cea-ade5-1ed99574ddf6
  5. On my login screen other user is missing

On my login screen other user is missing: On my login screen other user is missing, I need it for my work account and am not sure how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-login-screen-other-user-is-missing/b3164850-327b-4cea-ade5-1ed99574ddf6
  6. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  7. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  8. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option

Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option: I'm currently building a Windows 10 LTSC computer to be used as an offline device. The device is set up with two local accounts on it - the super user and the normal user. I need to have fast user switching disabled and I want to set it up so that users must type in the...
  10. ‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen

‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen: So this morning I have installed a new Windows 10 on a Laptop. And after Windows 10 installation, I install my O365 software to this laptop and connect my work account with this Laptop then enable Ctrl+Alt+Del Login. Then after that I reboot the Laptop, an after I press...