Windows 10: Windows 10 the screen goes dark when plugged in and lights up again when the cable is removed.

Discus and support Windows 10 the screen goes dark when plugged in and lights up again when the cable is removed. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The screen goes dark if I try to use it when charging or plugged in. It hasn't just gone to sleep because the screen page is very, very faintly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kkimlin, Oct 30, 2018.

1. kkimlin Win User

Windows 10 the screen goes dark when plugged in and lights up again when the cable is removed.

The screen goes dark if I try to use it when charging or plugged in. It hasn't just gone to sleep because the screen page is very, very faintly visible but unusable. How can I set it to use while charging? I've tried the power settings.

:)

kkimlin, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

After a recent upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1, every time when I plug the charger in or out from my HP laptop the screen goes dark, although after a while it restore and then it works properly. How
    can I solve this issue.

Haifz Muhammad Irfan, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 the screen goes dark when plugged in and lights up again when the cable is removed.

Ultra dark screen windows 10

My computer now has so dark screen that I can only see something on it in night with no lights, login screen and boot screen seems to work fine but everything is so dark that I can't use it.

Brightness is turned to maximum, I rebooted like 10 times, pluged off the power cable, tried removing battery for 60 sec, stilp a dark screen. I have 3 more identical computers and they all went dark in past 2 weeks, they are pretty old thou. How do I fix
    it?

ToXicShadow, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 the screen goes dark when plugged in and lights up again when the cable is removed.

1. Windows 10 the screen goes dark when plugged in and lights up again when the cable is removed. - Similar Threads - screen goes dark

2. Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in: [IMG]Windows computers have a feature that allows you to connect the external display(s) by different methods. One of these methods is by using the HDMI cable. But when some users tried connecting the external display through an HDMI cable, it went black. For some users, the...
  3. Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark: Hi !I recently needed to leave my computer on while im away, but every time my screen goes dark after 10 minutes of inactivity my ethernet disconnects as well ! Its so annoying ! here are my current settings.As you can see I have already searched answers for these...
  4. Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark: Hi !I recently needed to leave my computer on while im away, but every time my screen goes dark after 10 minutes of inactivity my ethernet disconnects as well ! Its so annoying ! here are my current settings.As you can see I have already searched answers for these...
  5. Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. screen goes black when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen goes black when charger plugged in: Hi need help my acer laptop screen goes black when I plug the charger in to charge it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-when-charger-plugged-in/686ee661-5aa5-439a-a2cb-a17499af24e0
  7. screen goes black for a second when i plug it in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen goes black for a second when i plug it in: whenever i put the power plug into my laptop the screen goes black for a second. same for if i unplug it. its a brand new ASUS gaming laptop ive had for maybe a month. is this something i should be worried about? submitted by /u/Bougal_Dougal [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable: Hi, Can somebody please Help Why does the Computer screen go off when I plug in the HDMI CABLE It is fine on my Laptop But My Desktop does not Like it It use to Work Fine until the last Windows 10 installation in Early February 2020...
  9. The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube: I have to hover over the screen and always touch it because the screen often goes dark. It happens when I am watching YouTube or Prime, I really need to sit and touch it again and again....
  10. laptop screen goes dark when unpluged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop screen goes dark when unpluged: I have a problem with the screen on my laptop going dark when unplugged from the external power, as soon as I plug it back in it comes to life. I have reinstalled windows several times. still has the glitch. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 screen goes dark when plugged in