Windows 10: Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer

Discus and support Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 6 not one, two three, four,five but 6. I do say 4 hard drives Western Digital 2 Seagate. All dead due to Windows 10 and its incessant need to run its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by msftric, Feb 12, 2021.

1. msftric Win User

Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer

6 not one, two three, four,five but 6. I do say 4 hard drives Western Digital 2 Seagate. All dead due to Windows 10 and its incessant need to run its indexing. Which can not be turned off or disabled and constantly kills them. This is exponentially increased by its incessant need to install CONSTANT updates. Restarting them and in the process causing multiple errors putting my hard drives first as "failed to migrate" then putting them RAW and finally DEAD. Contact ANY "MICROSOFT EXPRRT" and they will give you their cookie cutter response that is given on ANY of the constant questions asked by everyone having the problem. All saying the same @$@= thing. None actually providing an answer, solution, admitting any fault, while blaming you for their os. In general showing you they don't care, they don't know or want to fix it and why we should all just switch to Linux or Mac and abandon this disease infested, constantly spying, error prone piece of garbage forced upon us due to most laptops having them pre installed off the jump. Leaving you stuck with them as they continue to develop new ways of creating problems they have software costing you extra $ that they develop

:)

msftric, Feb 12, 2021

2. Western Digital hard drive 4308A

Please advise. Is the Western Digital hard drive compatible with Windows 10?

LitaConner, Feb 12, 2021
  3. GaryBaird Win User
    Windows 10 does not recognize western digital My passport Ultra external hard drive

What I found was that the WD disk must be connected to a "Computer" port. The WD disk CANNOT be connected to a serial hub ... it will NOT work on a hub. It only works when connected to a serial port ON THE COMPUTER. I hope Western Digital fixes this problem.
    Because it is a problem. There are just not that many serial ports ON THE COMPUTER, so this limits the use of any WD hard drives (newer) on any computer. I hope this has been reported to Western Digital. I have not done so, but it presents a real PROBLEM
    in using Western Digital external hard drives. I run the Windows 10 pro.

GaryBaird, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer

unintialized western digital hard disk drive

My western digital hard disk drive was functioning quite well on my system but suddenly it stopped coming up in autoplay or file explorer and in the disk management it is listed as "uninitialized". Please what do I do?

dabotaefeakpokrire, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer

1. Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer - Similar Threads - Western Digital Hard

2. Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow: I use a Western Digital 2 TB hard drive, and I use Acronis True Image to have it back up my main 1 tb pc main drive. The hard drive backs up at a speed of between a few hundred kilobits per second to 100 megabits per second. I've searched everywhere online, and I can't find a...
  3. Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow: I use a Western Digital 2 TB hard drive, and I use Acronis True Image to have it back up my main 1 tb pc main drive. The hard drive backs up at a speed of between a few hundred kilobits per second to 100 megabits per second. I've searched everywhere online, and I can't find a...
  4. Windows 10 and Sabrent docking station not reading Western Digital hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Sabrent docking station not reading Western Digital hard drive: I just purchased a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 and a Sabrent docking station to transfer my files off my Western Digital harddrive. It was recognized at first and I copied over several files however when I tried to access the My Documents folder on the WD harddrive it stopped...
  5. problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system

problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system: Problem with opening and recogni...zing an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system. Does windows 10 destroy western ditigal drives?...
  6. Western Digital hard drive 4308A

Western Digital hard drive 4308A: Please advise. Is the Western Digital hard drive compatible with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/western-digital-hard-drive-4308a/4785e9b0-8afa-4e97-8bfc-d973e59927ed
  7. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  8. portable hard drive, seagate or western digit of better quality build?

portable hard drive, seagate or western digit of better quality build?: Old question looks like never have an answer. Portable hard drive, Seagate or Western digit, 2.5 , of better quality build? lasting longer, more durable? or clinically a matter of luck only? 90754
  9. Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?: Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that? 59820
  10. Western Digital Announces 14TB Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 News
    Western Digital Announces 14TB Hard Disk Drive: SAN JOSE, CA — Oct. 3, 2017 — Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC), a global data storage technology and solutions leader, today announced that it is providing cloud and hyperscale data centers the capacity required by big data applications with the world’s first 14TB...