Windows 10: Windows 10, Theme not showing up in list of themes installed

Discus and support Windows 10, Theme not showing up in list of themes installed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently downloaded a Windows Theme from the Microsoft Store but it won't show up in the customization settings. Prior to this I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SoullessWheat11, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10, Theme not showing up in list of themes installed

Hi,

I've recently downloaded a Windows Theme from the Microsoft Store but it won't show up in the customization settings. Prior to this I downloaded other themes that show up correctly and I can set them as active.

The exact theme I wanted to use was named "Glorious Blue". I downloaded it and in the store it shows that it is installed and I only need to Apply it. However, the "Apply" button takes me to the settings menu where I can't find the mentioned theme among the other downloaded themes. Also in the store it shows me that this theme is installed, so I can neither download it again nor delete it.

I tried to look up the theme in the folder where Windows stores all my other themes (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes) but it is definitely not there.

I searched for solutions in other threads and found one that suggested to apply this command to the Run dialog box:

"%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets"

Then copy the results and rename them with the "Ren *.* * .jpg" command.

Unfortunately, this didn't work. Firstly, the Ren command no longer worked in PowerShell, so I needed to rename each file one by one. Secondly, when I was done the pictures I got were absolutely not the ones the theme should be using.

Some details about my system: I am using Windows 10 Home, version 1709 build 16299.904 all available updates installed.

Thank you for your advices and suggestions in advance.

Best regards,

SoullessWheat

:)

SoullessWheat11, Jan 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Keiki Win User

Windows 10, Theme not showing up in list of themes installed

Windows themes?

Hey guys, where can I find windows themes? I typed in "windows themes" in google and they were... not really good :shadedshu . Which themes are you guys using right now? Is there a theme that shows the weather and has the periodic table (my friend's powerbook has the periodic table on it!!)

Keiki, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, Theme not showing up in list of themes installed

1. Windows 10, Theme not showing up in list of themes installed - Similar Threads - Theme showing list

2. Windows 10 1909 & 2004 Installed Themes Not Showing in Themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1909 & 2004 Installed Themes Not Showing in Themes: Hello everyone, I have been troubled with this problem starting sometime during Win 10 1909. All of a sudden, when I downloaded a new theme, the store showed that it was installed, but it did not show in the Themes under settings. I did not find a solution so using various...
  3. after installing theme it is not showing in the theme menu / list on win 10

after installing theme it is not showing in the theme menu / list on win 10: hi there.. after successful installation of theme it is not showing up in the theme section.. theme name : Halo sound pack halo theme 2 it was my favorite theme from 2014 iv'e been using this theme in many years in multiple systems like from xp 2, xp3, win7, win 8.0, and...
  4. messed up windows 10 theme

messed up windows 10 theme: I had set up custom theme. I do NOT want to go back to default. but that's what I now have. Is there any way to get my former settings back? like using a restore point?...
  5. windows 10 themes scrolls up to first theme every change

windows 10 themes scrolls up to first theme every change: hi, i have so many themes and i have a tall big list of themes i scroll down to change the theme and minimize to see how colors look on desktop i go back i found themes have scrolled to top i have to scroll down tens or hundreds theme to find where i stopped i wont...
  6. install themes

install themes: been trying to install Microsoft themes keeps telling me something about x-box which I don't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-themes/26053c76-f734-4da7-b891-a05852a98b5e
  7. Light theme on Windows 10 not showing up as option

Light theme on Windows 10 not showing up as option: The light theme is not showing up as a selectable option in Settings > Themes. Any help activating it or getting it back as a selectable option would be much appreciated....
  8. Personalization(List of Themes)

Personalization(List of Themes): Hi. I usually install themes from Store. Recently occurred the problem with it: when I get apps(in this case any theme), in Store it is supposed to be installed and its(theme) status is owned. But when I go to the settings to apply this theme, I can't find in the list of the...
  9. Windows themes not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows themes not installing: I'm trying to put a new theme on my laptop and I get an error that it has failed to install and windows will keep trying. It has done this with two different themes. Please help....
  10. Windows themes not showing up in themes folder

Windows themes not showing up in themes folder: I recently downloaded some themes from the Windows store and noticed that they aren't showing up in my themes folder. The last time I downloaded themes was in May. The ones I downloaded on 7-18-18 and on haven't shown up in my themes folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 theme not showing

2. windows theme is not install

3. downloaded themes not showing up windows 10

4. windows wallpaper installed but not showing up under personalization.,
  5. windows 10 store themes not appearing,
  6. windows 10 themes not being installed