Windows 10: Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My husband and I each have our separate user accounts on the same computer. We have different themes because we have different preferences. Mine is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Savychilla, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts

My husband and I each have our separate user accounts on the same computer. We have different themes because we have different preferences. Mine is pretty simple and his is high contrast. Whenever one of us signs out and the other signs in, the display settings carry over to the other person's account. We can't get it to stop and we don't know why it's happening in the first place. Any advice is appreciated!

:)

Savychilla, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts :(

Zakin, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 15, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts

95Viper, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts

1. Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts - Similar Threads - themes changing user

2. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  3. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  4. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10: At times, you might want to prevent users from changing the theme in Windows 10 computers. If so, you can use the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor to block other users from changing the Windows 10 theme. Prevent users from changing Theme in Windows 10 using...
  6. Change Windows 10 theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 theme: Hello, do not be tired I wanted to ask how to change the Windows theme that does not come up through the boot menu and cmd or through the mini boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-10-theme/2f190be7-78d7-4839-8e60-8194a1c2cc81
  7. Windows 10 games on all user's accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 games on all user's accounts: I purchased Forza Horizon 4 and installed it on my account. I can't figure out how to play the game at all on my children's accounts. I was hoping they would be able to start the game over on each of their accounts and have their own profile. Is this not possible?...
  8. Changing a Windows 10 user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing a Windows 10 user account: I need to change user account in Windows to share my computer with my sister. How to change it to Administrador. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-windows-10-user-account/7a4aea3a-8f26-4dc0-8ec6-17b6569a9ded
  9. Allow or Prevent Users to Change or Save a Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Users to Change or Save a Theme in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Users to Change or Save a Theme in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Users to Change or Save a Theme in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the change a theme as often...
  10. Change Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Theme in Windows 10 How to Change the Theme in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the pointers on your PC all at once, and you can switch between themes as often as you like....