Windows 10: Windows 10 themes/styles/or whatever they are ...

Discus and support Windows 10 themes/styles/or whatever they are ... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have googled my fingers to the bone for two days (without success). I have an antique application written in VB6 that has survived since the Win95... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by K4CY, Sep 19, 2017.

1. K4CY Win User

Windows 10 themes/styles/or whatever they are ...

I have googled my fingers to the bone for two days (without success). I have an antique application written in VB6 that has survived since the Win95 days. I have implemented numerous custom controls to provide appearance and functionality not available from the manufacturer. Here's my question: Two VB6 controls sitting side by side on a form. One a richtextbox (with a vertical scrollbar), the other an MSFlexgrid (with a vertical scrollbar). The richtextbox scrollbar is flat, and blends nicely with the overall Windows 10 appearance. The MFlexGrid scrollbar looks like it was carved with a jackhammer from the side of Mount Rushmore. Why? Back in the day, they were both Microsoft 3D to the extreme. What do I need to do to the MSFlexGrid to bring it into the 21st Century like the richtextbox did automatically under Win10? Flat scrolbars on an MSFlexgrid? Can do?

TIA Bob.

:)

2. GSynergy Win User

Aero Basic in Windows 10?

It is not there, an Aero Basic theme (Visual Style) is non existent, I have an Aero Lite theme and the Normal Windows 10 theme but they both look very different. Maybe it is hidden, but where would it be? I'm talking about the visual style in the second
    screenshot, it looks like Windows 7 and Vista's Aero Basic theme (Visual Style). I cannot find it at all. see screeshot here http://i.imgur.com/zXOAZoN.png

GSynergy, Sep 19, 2017
  3. How to customize Windows 10 theme like Windows 7?

You apparently are using a custom Styles file, which is a way of hacking system resources. Since the Styles file is particular to that version of Windows, that Styles failed to load and you are in "can't load the normal theme: fail over to the basic theme"
    mode.

You would not be able to use old hacked themes with the current version of Windows. It would be missing critical system resources and would cause the system to be unusable.

zachd [MSFT], Sep 19, 2017
  4. Windows 10 themes/styles/or whatever they are ...

Have you tried apps like fences or tune up utilities ?

Fences is a Desktop app that manipulates icons and such same with Tuneup utilities but the other part of that program is snake oil but it is useful for Themes and Modifications

I myself was actually looking for Windows 98 Themes with sounds but nothing to my luck

Fences Download Fences : Software from Stardock

Tune up Utilities Download TuneUp Utilities for Windows | Free Trial Download | AVG hope this helps if not i gave it my best shot *Smile

solarstarshines, Sep 19, 2017
  5. K4CY Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions. I downloaded, and tested, the utilities you suggested. Unless I completely missed the functionality, they didn't modify the appearance of a flexgrid. Again, thanks for the pointers, Bob.

K4CY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 themes/styles/or whatever they are ...

1. Windows 10 themes/styles/or whatever they are ... - Similar Threads - themes styles whatever

2. Will Windows 10 Visual Styles be consistent??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will Windows 10 Visual Styles be consistent??: The File Explorer and other system apps haven't improved! The context menu - all other styles, aren't consistent. Did you plan to fix this in the next major update??...
  3. Whatever that is

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whatever that is: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6hgmn/whatever_that_is/
  4. Windows 8.1 Themes, and Window Style in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 8.1 Themes, and Window Style in Windows 10: So I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, but I think the UI's really inconsistent (blend of old and new UI styles). I personally like the UI of Windows 8.1 (The desktop stuff, not the metro) and I'm wondering if there's any way to get it on Windows 10. These...
  5. Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10

Windows Basic style/win7 non aero theme on windows 10: Hello forum users I recently upgraded to windows 10 to experience the new OS from windows 7 (updates ended Jan 14). I quickly realized that not only are the transparent aero themes are gone, the basic style is also gone, and I used this style. I also found out that this new...
  6. Windows 10 Visual Styles

Windows 10 Visual Styles: Hello, Firble Man Here. I just completed an insider program survey, in which I really emphasized the need for Visual Styles. After I had finished, I realized that the ONLY reason I am dissatisfied with Windows 10 and don't use it, is that is has less visual style than...
  7. Windows 10 font style

Windows 10 font style: I HATE the font style of Windows 10. It is too skinny and faint. Is there some way to change it to Tahoma or Times New Roman or SOMETHING that's easier to read? I have minimal tech skills. I could read things like the titles of desktop icons, etc. in 8.1 just fine. This...
  8. windows 10 font style

windows 10 font style: hiw do i pick and change the font style for my windows 10 +change only font color if possible to do as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-font-style/b02a1c62-d81e-4882-83e1-448be0e528e0
  9. font style in Windows 10

font style in Windows 10: I need to change my default display font style. Who can help me with this problem? I have Windows 10 1803. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/font-style-in-windows-10/b9615049-522d-4b6f-b938-2f03fe658b29
  10. Win 10 3rd Party Visual Style Themes w/ UXStyles or Ultra UX Patcher

Win 10 3rd Party Visual Style Themes w/ UXStyles or Ultra UX Patcher: I read somewhere that Visual Styles themes made for Win 8.1 will work on Win 10 using either the patch UXstyles (which works by retaining settings in memory) or "Ultra UX Theme Patcher" (which physically changes/replaces certain system files but allows you to restore original...