Windows 10: windows 10 thinks I am in a different city very far away from where i live

Discus and support windows 10 thinks I am in a different city very far away from where i live in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 apps including Weather, Edge, Find My PC, etc. that pull a location think I am in lyons, indiana. However, I am located in Chicago. If I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by please_help_LL, Nov 28, 2020.

1. windows 10 thinks I am in a different city very far away from where i live

Windows 10 apps including Weather, Edge, Find My PC, etc. that pull a location think I am in lyons, indiana. However, I am located in Chicago.

If I use a non-Microsoft product like Google Chrome or Firefox to look at Google Maps or even Bing Maps, those programs can get my precise location correct.

How can I fix this so that my Microsoft apps and my computer think I'm in the correct place?

:)

please_help_LL, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

windows 10 thinks I am in a different city very far away from where i live

Windows live mail log on

Hi Norm,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• When was the last time that you were able to sign in on your Windows Live Mail account?
    • Have you tried to sign in on a different computer or device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 thinks I am in a different city very far away from where i live

1. windows 10 thinks I am in a different city very far away from where i live - Similar Threads - thinks different city

2. Can I play Minecraft for windows 10 on different computers depending where i am?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I play Minecraft for windows 10 on different computers depending where i am?: I have computers in various places in my home plus my laptop. Can I play Minecraft on any computer as long as it is one at a time? They don't have the same Google/Microsoft account on all of them at the moment, but they are all mine. I just want to be able to access my game...
  3. Just tried this, I think it's very cool!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just tried this, I think it's very cool!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etqg09/just_tried_this_i_think_its_very_cool/
  4. My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am: I can browse the web normally, just my computer doesn't think I am connected, therefore cortana etc. is not working. I already tried the troubleshooter and got no help?...
  5. Windows thinks I am on a metered network but I am not

Windows thinks I am on a metered network but I am not: OneDrive keeps pausing and says that I am on a metered network. I am not on a metered network and don't want OneDrive to pause. "Set as metered connection" is turned off in Settings. What other settings need to be changed?...
  6. Windows does not think I am activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows does not think I am activated: I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 using the free upgrade some time ago. Now, I'm getting a watermark on my screen that says I haven't activated, and when I use the activation troubleshooter, it gives me a "0xc0000022" error. What can I do about this?...
  7. i am very disapointed and frustrated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i am very disapointed and frustrated: I cant connect to party chats on my xbox app on my new computer. I have try everything suggested on your site regarding toredo. I don't know what to do. it doesn't appear anywhere. I bought the computer two weeks ago and im not going to pay someone to fix teredo. let me know...
  8. Windows thinks I am not connected but I am

Windows thinks I am not connected but I am: Windows 10 problems – network awareness and Win 10 apps. not working on Wi-Fi or Wired (CAT5e). 1. Network and Sharing Center shows “you are currently not connected to any networks.” > Even though I connected using either wireless or wired connections. > Checked...
  9. SO far I am happy with windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    SO far I am happy with windows 10 pro: I have an older HP laptop... it is a hp Compaq nc6400. the fet windows 10 app said that the machine was not compatible with windows 10 due to the ati radeon x1300 graphics adapter. I was looking at craigslist in my area last night and saw the same machine listed for sale for...
  10. Where am I?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where am I?: I had a problem with a program that refused to be deleted. Wise Uninstaller, Unlocker, and even Administrator rites refused to remove it. So I ended up Resetting my computer. I ended up with Version 1511, Build 10586.0 How old is this? Some of the stuff on the desktop looks...