Windows 10: Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor."

Discus and support Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor." in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well, I can't see my video games or videos because when I open them they display on some supposed "second monitor" that I don't have. How do I tell my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FredWeasley1, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor."

Well, I can't see my video games or videos because when I open them they display on some supposed "second monitor" that I don't have. How do I tell my computer not to do this?

:)

FredWeasley1, Oct 29, 2018

2. Unable to play videos in Windows 10 dual monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any recent changes in your computer?
    • Was is it working fine previously?
    I suggest you to unplug and the plug all the cables connecting your monitor and check.

Uninstall the display drivers and re-install the same and check if that fixes the issue.

Follow the steps to uninstall the drivers.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manager.

b. Expand Display Adapters.

c. Right on the Display Adapter and select uninstall.

e. Restart the computer.

I would suggest you to change the screen resolution and check.

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Update the latest drivers for the monitor.

Go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for the monitor.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Second monitor doesn't always display?

Hi Erik,

A secondary display may not resume after sleep due to some issues with the graphics driver or issue with the monitor's video cable. We suggest that you download and update the graphics driver by going to the laptop's manufacturer's support site.

You may also try to replace the monitor's video cable and see if resolves the issue. As we checked the specifications of your monitor, it turns out that it has a DVI-D and VGA ports. You may check your monitor's manual or visit the manufacturer's support
    site to get more information.

Let us how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor."

Windows 10 does not recognize dual monitors

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Please follow the steps:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution

and make sure both monitors are shown and "Extend desktop to this display" is selected for each monitor.

If both monitors are not shown, try clicking on "Detect"

Check Device manager to see if the video card or cards (if you are using more than one) and both monitors are shown in the list of devices.

You can also try updating video card driver:

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows key+X.

2. Device manager and select the video card.

3. Right click on the driver and select update.

Connect multiple monitors to your PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: The above mentioned steps are also applicable to Windows 10.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor."

1. Windows 10 thinks it has two monitors, and my videos are displayed on the "other monitor." - Similar Threads - thinks has monitors

2. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...: I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning correctly. However, in settings→Display all three monitors are showing the same size, when in the past, Windows has identified that...
  3. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...: I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning correctly. However, in settings→Display all three monitors are showing the same size, when in the past, Windows has identified that...
  4. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problems extending displays to two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems extending displays to two monitors: Hi all,I have a desktop PC that is running Windows 10. I am trying to extend the displays so that my desktop can be shared between my normal monitor and an HDTV. I have ensured that I have the correct cabling, and until about a week ago the displays were extending as...
  6. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  7. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  8. Sharing display to two monitors

9. Windows 10 thinks my monitor is a 2nd monitor.

Windows 10 thinks my monitor is a 2nd monitor.: Sometimes after a power outtage or when my computer updates, my monitor will just go black after I boot up my computer. I've done multiple things to solve this in the past like unplug my monitor reboot and re-plug which worked last time as well as run it through BiOS. But...
  10. Computer thinks there's two monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer thinks there's two monitors: I plugged in the HDMI1 cable into the motherboard when I was repairing my computer and now it seems to think there are two monitors. In my settings, there's a second monitor that, while undetectable, still affects reboots (it automatically goes into VGA first, then HDMI1)....