Windows 10: Windows 10 thinks it's receiving an input for the 1 key

Discus and support Windows 10 thinks it's receiving an input for the 1 key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The problem started yesterday, when I restart the computer the problem goes away for a few hours but always comes back, it makes it impossible to type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LuiEs., Sep 14, 2020.

1. LuiEs. Win User

Windows 10 thinks it's receiving an input for the 1 key

The problem started yesterday, when I restart the computer the problem goes away for a few hours but always comes back, it makes it impossible to type anything.

I've restarted the computer without the keyboard plugged in but it still returns, and I've done a hard drive wipe, is this a keyboard problem or a desktop problem?

:)

LuiEs., Sep 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 thinks it's receiving an input for the 1 key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 thinks it's receiving an input for the 1 key

1. Windows 10 thinks it's receiving an input for the 1 key - Similar Threads - thinks receiving input

2. Windows is suddenly not receiving input from XLR microphone!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is suddenly not receiving input from XLR microphone!: I'm currently on Windows 11 and i have an MXL 990 XLR microphone that is run through an M-Audio M-Track Solo interface which is connected to my PC through a USB cable. The input indicator light on the physical interface itself is lighting up, however Windows is not receiving...
  3. Windows is suddenly not receiving input from XLR microphone!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is suddenly not receiving input from XLR microphone!: I'm currently on Windows 11 and i have an MXL 990 XLR microphone that is run through an M-Audio M-Track Solo interface which is connected to my PC through a USB cable. The input indicator light on the physical interface itself is lighting up, however Windows is not receiving...
  4. Mic detected but not receiving input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic detected but not receiving input: edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 version 20H2 installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021 SO compilation 19042.631 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480...
  5. Randomly Not Receiving Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Randomly Not Receiving Keyboard Input: I'm playing a game on my PC when suddenly my keyboard inputs don't register and any key I click results in this sound. It's not until I click my mouse that it functions again. This happens around every hour or so (just occured while I was typing that sentence, seems to happen...
  6. WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input: Computer specs at the bottom of this post. Also, bare with me--I'm relatively tech ignorant - Issue: For Halo, and Bleeding Edge games, their menus work fine. Can go into settings, and launch campaigns. Once in the actually game itself tho, when I use any action from my...
  7. Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.: Certain aspects and programs in Win 10, including the start menu, search bar, calculator, and settings applications think that the Down Arrow Key is continually being pressed. Other applications such as the File Manager, Task Manager, and non Microsoft programs behave...
  8. Windows 10 Pro not received license key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro not received license key: I bought Windows 10 Pro to update from Windows 10 Home but did not receive a license key. Now my system is stuck on Windows 10 Enterprise and says I have to Activate Windows. Without a key it seems useless. How can Microsoft help me?...
  9. Windows not receiving mic audio input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not receiving mic audio input: Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input from it. When I speak or tap on the mic, no green bars appear in the sound menu as well as discord/windows voice recorder not...
  10. Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on....

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on....: Windows 10 Redstone will receive improved support for pen input on generic applications [img] World of leaks about the future of the Windows operating system is designed in such a way that, sometimes, about the changes in the new system builds we can judge...