Windows 10: Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.

Discus and support Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Certain aspects and programs in Win 10, including the start menu, search bar, calculator, and settings applications think that the Down Arrow Key is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tahg, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Tahg Win User

Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.

Certain aspects and programs in Win 10, including the start menu, search bar, calculator, and settings applications think that the Down Arrow Key is continually being pressed. Other applications such as the File Manager, Task Manager, and non Microsoft programs behave normally. Logging off and back on does not fix the issue nor does executing "logoff". Restarting Windows does not fix this issue either. A cold reboot DOES fix the issue, temporarily, but it returns after an unknown period of time or actions. Any help would be appreciated.

I've had this issue for some time, therefore it's not possible to say for certain whether a Windows Update caused the issue. Unplugging the keyboard (PS/2) or Mouse (USB) does not stop or solve the problem. Aside from a cold boot, turning off key repeat DOES also solve the issue, however that causes a whole host of other usability issues.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.

1. Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed. - Similar Threads - thinks Down key

2. Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?: I have a weird problem. When I open a file explorer window the damn thing thinks I want to scroll down using the cursor key. It doesn't happen in other programmes, only on desktop and windows explorer in general. What should I do?...
  3. Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?: I have a weird problem. When I open a file explorer window the damn thing thinks I want to scroll down using the cursor key. It doesn't happen in other programmes, only on desktop and windows explorer in general. What should I do?...
  4. Why does windows explorer think I press the down cursor key?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 thinks directional button presses, but not pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thinks directional button presses, but not pressed: So, recently my Windows 10 x64 has been a bit buggy. I'm not sure what is causing it.After my computer has been on for a while, when I access the start menu, the search menu, and the media player, it indicates that a directional button is being pressed down. No buttons were...
  6. Windows 10 thinks directional button presses, but not pressed

Windows 10 thinks directional button presses, but not pressed: So, recently my Windows 10 x64 has been a bit buggy. I'm not sure what is causing it.After my computer has been on for a while, when I access the start menu, the search menu, and the media player, it indicates that a directional button is being pressed down. No buttons were...
  7. Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.: Windows 10 thinks I'm holding down the arrow key. This happens on Windows menus and programs. There is no problem on other programs. Browsers, notepad, Discord etc work just fine, it's just Windows that is freaking out. The problem persists even if I unplug my keyboard and...
  8. Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.

Windows UI thinks some keys are being pressed down.: Windows 10 thinks I'm holding down the arrow key. This happens on Windows menus and programs. There is no problem on other programs. Browsers, notepad, Discord etc work just fine, it's just Windows that is freaking out. The problem persists even if I unplug my keyboard and...
  9. Computer thinks that the last key pressed is being held down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks that the last key pressed is being held down: Hi there, I'm having an issue where every now and then when I press a key, if it is not interrupted with another key press the last key will continue on a though pressed. For instance, ending this sentence with a period and having this occur would look like...
  10. Computer thinks shift key is pressed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks shift key is pressed?: Recently, while using my computer, it acts as though the shift key is pressed down. (Making my computer near impossible to use) The only way to get it to stop is to reset my computer, but it normally comes back within a few minutes/hours. All sites i have looked at have said...