Windows 10: Windows 10 - This application has stopped working

Discus and support Windows 10 - This application has stopped working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10 and for some reason NOTHING works. I can log into the desktop ok, but then no icons do anything. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zoe.Ohara, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Zoe.Ohara Win User

Windows 10 - This application has stopped working

Hi!

I have a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10 and for some reason NOTHING works. I can log into the desktop ok, but then no icons do anything. I cant open task manager nothing. Its just unrepsonsive. Then after a while a message appears with 'Windows' in the top saying 'This application has stopped working' . There is a button saying 'END PROCESS' Which makes the screen go black and then I have to hard reset.

Any idea how to fix? I would reset to factory settings, but I cant even open Settings to do so...

Thanks,

Zoe

:)

Zoe.Ohara, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - This application has stopped working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - This application has stopped working

1. Windows 10 - This application has stopped working - Similar Threads - application has stopped

2. Main executable file for application has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main executable file for application has stopped working.: I’ve been trying to fix this for a couple days and can’t figure it out an dI REALLY need help. I use a ASUS Eee PC Windows 7 32-bit. I have basically have done all the ways but still wouldn’t work. Please give me ways to do it....
  3. Main executable file for application has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main executable file for application has stopped working.: I’ve been trying to fix this for a couple days and can’t figure it out an dI REALLY need help. I use a ASUS Eee PC Windows 7 32-bit. I have basically have done all the ways but still wouldn’t work. Please give me ways to do it....
  4. Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working: [ATTACH]This article lists the possible solutions to fix the error Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working on a Windows computer. This error usually occurs on the older versions of Windows operating systems that use 32bit printer drivers. If you see this...
  5. Skype has stopped working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Skype has stopped working on Windows 10: When people think of video-calling, they think of Skype. Although it now faces stiff competition from the likes of Google Meet and Zoom, even more so when we’re all locked in our homes, it was Skype that brought the wave of connecting us with our loved ones via a...
  6. Application Guard has stopped working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Application Guard has stopped working: I'm seeing this dialog every now and then: [img] Code: WDAG Report - Container: Error: 0x80070512, Ext error: 0x00000008; RDP: Error: 0x800705b4, Ext error: 0x00000000 Location: 0x00000000 This is MS Edge browser application guard. sometimes it works just fine, sometimes...
  7. Softmax Application has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Softmax Application has stopped working: I get the Softmax 7.0.3 application has stopped working error message when I open the software. I have Windows 10 64bit,already try to reinstall software and OS. Can any help?Thansk! Event log: Faulting application name: SoftMaxProApp.exe, version: 7.0.3.0, time stamp:...
  8. GWXUX has stopped working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    GWXUX has stopped working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] GWXUX is a process that is responsible for downloading and installing updates for Windows 10. It is installed on to a computer via Windows Updates. That update is named as KB3035583. With this, the Get Windows 10 pop-ups are installed and then initiated by [...]...
  9. Application Host Manager has Stopped Working???

Application Host Manager has Stopped Working???: Sometimes I get this Windows Error "Application Host Manager has Stopped Working" it will then show the progress bar and then disappears. Has anyone else experienced this or how do i fix this? Thanks 16097
  10. Passwords Plus - "Application has stopped working"

Passwords Plus - "Application has stopped working": I am new to these forums so I am not sure if this is the correct one for this post. However, I have been using this application, Passwords Plus, for a long time - since XP and Palm. It worked well with Win10 until last week, when I started getting the message above. I have...