Windows 10: Windows 10 Threading Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Threading Issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My computer processor is AMD E1-1200@1.4GHz. I've noticed that several programs now stutter instead of play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheDoctor, Aug 4, 2015.

1. TheDoctor Win User

Windows 10 Threading Issues

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My computer processor is AMD E1-1200@1.4GHz. I've noticed that several programs now stutter instead of play smoothly. It could be because Windows 10 has a new Threading system and the old programs are using outdated threading techniques, or the fact that Windows 10 has poor performance.

Sure, 1.4GHz is slow, but I didn't have this problem in Windows 8.1. I notice the threading problem the most when playing a youtube video. Just showing the youtube GUI causes the video to stutter. When I look at task manager, everything seems to be normal on CPU usage. When I make realtime java applications, I notice stuttering.

Would someone like to explain what Microsoft has changed about Threading please?

:)

TheDoctor, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade makes my computer shut down randomly

I have the same issue. MY Windows 10 is a new OEM install. BECAUSE, last update fried my hardrive. So new SSD Drives, New OEM professional install and SINCE that install, nothing but random shutdowns. Professional diagnostic from a nationally known computer
    center could not find anything. Thought it was a power cord issue. PLEASE UPDATE Windows 10. From the web searches I see Many Many people having this issue. SO, when it came time for my son to go off to college, we decided to buy him a MAC laptop.

Windows 10 has issues, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Taeonas Win User
    SMS thread Issue

Hi David,

it was the date indeed

many thanks for the suggestion

Windows 10 Threading Issues :)

Taeonas, Aug 4, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Aug 4, 2015
  5. TheDoctor Win User
    TheDoctor, Aug 4, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Aug 4, 2015
  7. TheDoctor Win User
    I've opened it. What should I monitor?

TheDoctor, Aug 4, 2015
  8. CountMike New Member

Turn details on and monitor core usage with various programs. Should be as even as possible. Threads are tied to cores.

CountMike, Aug 4, 2015
  9. TheDoctor Win User
    I opened eclipse. After it finished opening, I monitored the CPU usage. Unfortunately the AMD System Monitor only updates every second. What I noticed is that core usage is slightly biased toward the first core, and it tends to stray from even usage quite often. The usage I would have to say is--relative to the first core at 50%-- 50% +- 36%. After eclipse settled down, core 1 became extremely biased, and core two was consistently 50-80% of less than core 1 (e.g core[0]=50%, core[1]=10%).

Does it help to say that just keeping my laptop on my bed with the vent on the right side being somewhat covered by a book the thickness of my laptop to use a mouse is causing my CPU and fan speed to go up to 67-75% heat and speed, respectively (which I noticed causes much throttling within my CPU, reduce of about 200-300 MHz when I want a consistent 1.4GHz)?

TheDoctor, Aug 4, 2015
  10. TheDoctor Win User
    The only time I ever see Core usage consistently "even" is when 100% of the CPU is used Windows 10 Threading Issues :p

I observed playing a song and idle spotify; same effect as eclipse.

TheDoctor, Aug 4, 2015
  11. TheDoctor Win User
    Any suggestions CountMike?

TheDoctor, Aug 4, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    It's normal for first cor to have more activity, System uses it most. As far as I can see only when load goes over about 30% that other cores show more usage, that's how it's here.
    Please keep laptop as cool as possible, at the bottom too, most likely air intake is there. The Lap part in Laptop means same as in lap dog, it can fit but doesn't mean it should be there long. They can overheat in a hurry and throttle down to avoid damage.

CountMike, Aug 4, 2015
  13. TheDoctor Win User

Perhaps I should see if anything changed in Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081424)

TheDoctor, Aug 4, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    News looks better, my front page shows that Miss Piggy and Kermit the frog just split up.

CountMike, Aug 4, 2015
  15. TheDoctor Win User
    So then, threading is normal and the problem is something else?

TheDoctor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Threading Issues - Similar Threads - Threading Issues

2. Closed previous thread.. issues with windows update still not fixed at first "KB5031356"...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Closed previous thread.. issues with windows update still not fixed at first "KB5031356"...: First, why close the previous thread ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/problem-with-a-windows-update-kb5031356-windows-10/d1148c74-005e-4071-9456-ed630f108d28?messageId=44bb34d1-b8d3-4343-af1e-23f4441ca278&page=11 It seems many are still...
  3. Closed previous thread.. issues with windows update still not fixed at first "KB5031356"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closed previous thread.. issues with windows update still not fixed at first "KB5031356"...: First, why close the previous thread ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/problem-with-a-windows-update-kb5031356-windows-10/d1148c74-005e-4071-9456-ed630f108d28?messageId=44bb34d1-b8d3-4343-af1e-23f4441ca278&page=11 It seems many are still...
  4. Closed previous thread.. issues with windows update still not fixed at first "KB5031356"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio popping issue on Windows 11 2nd thread because my issue wasn't resolved in the first one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio popping issue on Windows 11 2nd thread because my issue wasn't resolved in the first one: I am having audio popping on Windows 11 when starting/stopping sounds, skipping music/videos, using seekbar in media player, using volume slider and during system sounds like startup, notifications etc. I have tried various things like running audio troubleshooter, changing...
  6. Audio popping issue on Windows 11 2nd thread because my issue wasn't resolved in the first one

Audio popping issue on Windows 11 2nd thread because my issue wasn't resolved in the first one: I am having audio popping on Windows 11 when starting/stopping sounds, skipping music/videos, using seekbar in media player, using volume slider and during system sounds like startup, notifications etc. I have tried various things like running audio troubleshooter, changing...
  7. I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue: My computer randomly restarted when i turned it on. It has the blue screen of death and has the error: THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I need help. Whenever i put it into safe mode it randomly restarts. I dont want to erase all of my data. I have so much important stuff on...
  8. I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue: My computer randomly restarted when i turned it on. It has the blue screen of death and has the error: THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I need help. Whenever i put it into safe mode it randomly restarts. I dont want to erase all of my data. I have so much important stuff on...
  9. I need help resolving the THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED bsod issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. [Follow Up Thread] Windows crashing due to, GPU driver issue, was better but still crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Follow Up Thread] Windows crashing due to, GPU driver issue, was better but still crashing: Previous question herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-performance/windows-11-keeps-crashing-bugcheck-was-0x00000133/947a6e1b-d81f-4d90-9714-29c59fe8ca97Solution provided here works to a degree, now the crashes happens rarely and always near...