Windows 10: Windows 10 threat service has stopped

Discus and support Windows 10 threat service has stopped in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; High so I notice that sometimes when I update my Windows 10 Defender Antivirus it will give me the message "Threat service has stopped please restart."... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Redbatman, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

Windows 10 threat service has stopped

High so I notice that sometimes when I update my Windows 10 Defender Antivirus it will give me the message "Threat service has stopped please restart." well I do that and it comes back to being normal. So any idea why this happens? It's not common so far.

:)

Redbatman, Apr 25, 2018

2. Threat service has stopped.

it is the second time that this service of windows defender has stopped.

first problem encountered that i used was:

1. DISM on command prompt on run as admin it was successful

2. on the registry editors, there was no disableantispyware file on the registry key

3. i restarted the service, there was a problem encountered

second problem that this service of windows defender happend again.

i did use the solution again.. but none seems to be a solution for this..

any one can be of help to me.. thanks.
    Windows 10 threat service has stopped [​IMG]

Windows 10 threat service has stopped [​IMG]

[ Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions
    / Windows 10 ]

yvesfebres, Apr 25, 2018
  3. Threat service has stopped.

Hi,

Recent software changes, conflicting anti malware program, or improper configuration are some of the factors that affect the functionality of
    Windows Defender. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Have you tried clicking the Start button for the Windows Defender process? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

In addition, you can try the detailed steps created by PrashantKumar96
    found on this Forum Article . The article contains
    steps on how to remove any conflicting program and also resetting the Windows Defender process.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 25, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

In addition to the definitions updates, Microsoft now issues monthly antimalware platform updates for Windows Defender. You will get the platform update if you check for updates in Settings > Update & Security or in the Defender Security Center. While the platform update is being installed the service will stop, that can trigger the message you saw. It should normally restart the service once the install is complete.

KB4052623 - Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform

Thema:

1. Windows 10 threat service has stopped - Similar Threads - threat service has

2. "Threat service has stopped. Restart it" What to do ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Threat service has stopped. Restart it" What to do ?: Hello there, My Windows security had a warning that Virus and Threat Protection service has stopped and I have failed to restart it. It gives me this message "Threat service has stopped. Restart it" I tried to restart it but I got "unexpected error, sorry we ran into a...
  3. Threat service has stopped and won't turn on

Threat service has stopped and won't turn on: Hello, today I found that threat protection has stopped and I cannot restart it. Yesterday it worked. When I restart my computer, threat protection turns on and then off again after several minutes. I am afraid I got some malware that turns it off since I did not have any...
  4. Windows Defender "threat service has stopped restart it now"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender "threat service has stopped restart it now": Started today. Yesterday installed KB4549951 update. If i try to do full scan defender just stops after a few minutes. Event viewer just gives multiple "The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error"...
  5. Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.

Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.: I get this message every time I go onto Windows Security Defender, as well as every defending thing has been turned off, and it refuses to turn back on. Every time I click "Restart Now," it says there was an "Unexpected Error". I have already tried to use the registry key...
  6. Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.

Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.: I get this message every time I go onto Windows Security Defender, as well as every defending thing has been turned off, and it refuses to turn back on. Every time I click "Restart Now," it says there was an "Unexpected Error". I have already tried to use the registry key...
  7. Windows Defender "Threat service has stopped" on SP7

Windows Defender "Threat service has stopped" on SP7: After the latest Surface update 2020 for the Pro 7, my Windows Defender suddenly stops working and tells me that the 'threat service has stopped' and when I click on restart it just loads and does nothing. I restarted my device multiple times but to no avail. I tried using...
  8. Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped

Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped: Hi, I recently had malware on my pc and windows defender was unable to remove it. I used some malware removers (rogue killer, unhackme and awdcleaner) and got rid of the malware. But in the process I think I also removed MsMpeng.exe which if the exe file of windows defender...
  9. The Threat Service Has Stopped Restart It Now

The Threat Service Has Stopped Restart It Now: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a desk top. Red cross through virus and threat protection Updates are complete except for KB2267602 (Definition 1.279.1236.0) -Error 0x80070643 upon attempting to install Attempts to restart the threat service receive "Sorry we ran into a...
  10. Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: I have seen several question posts similar to this, but I believe I have an unusual difference to all I have found so far. I recently noticed I have started getting the message above. When I press the button to restart, it goes into "dots" for several minutes before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. threat service has stopped windows 10

2. windows 10 threat service has stopped

3. threat services has stopped windows 10

4. threat service has stopped,
  5. windows virus and threat protection stopped,
  6. threat service is stopped working,
  7. windows 10 The threat service has stopped.,
  8. the thret service has stopped,
  9. windows 10 threat services has stopped,
  10. what to do if threat service stopped,
  11. threat service has stopped. windows 10,