Windows 10: Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Users report installation freezes for the new update Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Threshold 2 earlier today and users are already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems

Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/windo...ampaign=buffer

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 11, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 11, 2015
  4. zooburner Win User

Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems

Mine installs then rolls back to build 10240 telling me it couldn't install the upgrade.
    It seems to have disappeared from the update panel, maybe they have pulled it ?

I don't have a SSD Card I think there are more problems than listed above.

zooburner, Nov 11, 2015
  5. waltc Win User
    I just downloaded the ISO from the Microsoft site and upgraded both my machine (Insider 10586) and my wife's machine (from 10240.) Was painless. The Media Creation Tool has no x86/x64 extensions (unlike the 10240 tool) and auto-detects for for x86 or x64 and Pro/Home (but you can change between x64/x86 in the install menu of the tool if it's wrong or different from what you want.)

I would advise going this route because if you do it all directly through WU you will not have a copy of the 1511_10586 ISO when you're done and you'll have to download that anyway if you want to have a copy on hand--highly advisable.

waltc, Nov 11, 2015
  6. It have the Option.......,

Cluster Head, Nov 11, 2015
  7. Installation stuck at 32%...

Ps. After the third manual reboot installation is completed.

Pulcinella, Nov 11, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Agree it is a good idea to have an ISO of new build for future use, since one i have is 10240 that i did a clean install with.

jds63, Nov 11, 2015
  9. Gene Win User
    Downloaded the ISO and installed from the DVD. The installation was trouble free and went without a hitch.
    Everything works but the upgraded drive does not feel as snappy (not very scientific I know*Smile) as the drive upgraded through the insider program.
    I can't put my finger on any specific problems but Windows 10 still feels like a work in progress.

10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Again sorry to hear about the problems, albeit it would seem that downloading the ISO would be the way to go. Just do a clean install to ensure that all goes well. Just finished a clean install on my new imac 27" 5K in boot caamp and had no problems. . .knock on wood, though on by old 2009 imac 27 it never had a problem on the insider program. . .in boot camp mode*Smile

11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Again sorry to hear about the problems, albeit it would seem that downloading the ISO would be the way to go. Just do a clean install to ensure that all goes well. Just finished a clean install on my new imac 27" 5K in boot caamp and had no problems. . .knock on wood, though on by old 2009 imac 27 it never had a problem on the insider program. . .in boot camp mode*Smile

12. sfc /scannow now discovered corrupt files. dism broken with this update i.e. unable to find correct repair source files from microsofts own iso obtained on the mct portal. dism says corrupt system files are repairable. I can see the dism file needed to effect a repair i.e. "install.esd" however "DISM" itself appears broken. Thanks Microsoft, you just had to .... everything up AGAIN.

lopedoggie, Nov 11, 2015
  13. xGMANx Win User

It's their a way to manually update it if we haven't Recieved it yet?

xGMANx, Nov 11, 2015
  14. Cluster Head, Nov 11, 2015
  15. lx07 Win User
    Using external USB drive to provide additional space for upgrade failed (installing from Tech Bench ISO).

Had to take the second option and free up space on C:\ ...

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems - Similar Threads - Threshold November Update

2. Windows 10 November update problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 November update problems.: Hi, In the last few days my laptop running Windows 10 has, as usual, automatically updated, the most recent being 13/11/2020. However, on both occasions, the update has gotten stuck towards the end of the process leaving me staring at a black screen with the white dots...
  3. windows 10 November 2 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 November 2 2018 update: ok downloaded the most recent update for November and didn't use the computer for a few days, when I got back on , I discovered that I couldn't get on line, could not access the internet even though I was supposedly connected. I got a do not recognize DNS server cannot...
  4. Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet: I have a tablet with a 16G C drive. It is running Win 10 build 10240. Attempting to install the November Threshold 2 update. The update fails due to lack of space on the C drive. Even if I uninstall all programs on the C drive and delete everything possible, there still isn't...
  5. Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2

Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2: When are we enterprise users going to receive the update? Thanks. 29728
  6. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2: Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes? 27347
  7. Threshold 2 question

Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  8. is it worth installing a clean Windows 10 Threshold 2

is it worth installing a clean Windows 10 Threshold 2: If Windows 10 is installed and appears to be working ok is it worth creating a "clean" installation of Windows 10 Threshold 2? Also, will the Threshold 2 update the Recovery Partition? 28852
  9. Strange issue with Threshold 2 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issue with Threshold 2 installation: I have just updated the PC using the MCT as I wasn't getting offered the Threshold 2 update via Windows Update - I assume because I replaced the motherboard last week due to the old one dying. I generallty use the local admin account to run everything, I am savvy enough to...
  10. Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November: For those who don’t know, Microsoft is currently working on it’s first non-patch update for Windows 10, currently codenamed Threshold 2 and was originally supposed to launch sometime in October. But as of recently, it appears that release window may have slipped ever so...