Windows 10: Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

Discus and support Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For those who don’t know, Microsoft is currently working on it’s first non-patch update for Windows 10, currently codenamed Threshold 2 and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

Read more:

:)

Brink, Sep 2, 2015

2. Surface pro 3 requires password after sleep regardless of settings with windows 10.

TH2 means "Threshold 2". TH1 was the Windows 10 RTM available for everyone on July 29.

TH2 is the cumulative update of small new features and enhancements that will launch on November 2: Windows 10 "Threshold 2" to launch November 2nd for consumers (updated) | On MSFT

Matteo Contrini, Sep 2, 2015
  3. I have a licence for Windows 7 Pro. Can I use it to upgrade a Windows 10 Home to Pro?

If rumors can be believed Threshold 2 will be out in November and I suspect this ability will be available then.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 2, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

I just read this about 30 minutes ago. Maybe MS is going to fix some known bugs.

Gary, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Yes. Like SD card readers not working properly in many a laptop - including mine!*Mad

thefrecklepuny, Sep 2, 2015
  6. j7a7s7o7n Win User
    Really hope they eventually add the ability to create a horizontal divider in the Start Menu to separate groups of tiles. Would also like to be able to create custom full-size tiles the same way OblyTile allowed in Windows 8.1.

j7a7s7o7n, Sep 2, 2015
  7. I'd be happy if they would just "fix" their Upgrade tool so it really checks the details of Win7 machines so that, when I try an Upgrade after that, it either (1) works, or (2) tells me in advance that it's not going to work. I've got four Win7 machine's I'd like to Upgrade but it failed on one and trashed the other so bad I had to reimage it from HP Recovery media to get it working again. Holding off on the other two and redoing the first two until after the new install media becomes available.

Mark Phelps, Sep 2, 2015
  8. DavidY Win User

They aren't great names - what if Microsoft want to issue another update in November next year? Or the year after?

To Microsoft - just number it as Service Pack x and be done with it! *Wink

DavidY, Sep 3, 2015
  9. gzt7d8 Win User
    Hopefully by this release I can tell family and friends it's "ok" to upgrade.

gzt7d8, Sep 3, 2015
  10. Wynona Win User
    Hmmmm, IIRC, Build 10525 or was it 10532? was labelled Th2.

Wynona, Sep 3, 2015
  11. I think all the builds in the current range are Th. I wonder if our next come-even point when it is possible to easily transition from Insider back to mainstream (i.e., without reinstalling 10240 and updating again) will be November. I hope the milestones work that way. Some insiders are skating on the edge using Insider builds on thier primary computers and really should go mainstream.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 3, 2015
  12. erpster4 Win User
    what kind of laptop do you use (list make & model)?

The card reader slot in my dad's Toshiba C55Dt-A touchscreen laptop works okay with Win10 since it uses Realtek card reader drivers and Realtek is very reliable with driver support.

erpster4, Sep 5, 2015
  13. swarfega Win User

Yesterday I thought it was about to download this update but then it errored.

swarfega, Sep 5, 2015
  14. swarfega Win User
    yea see I'm getting this error when Settings first loads but when I hit retry its back to normal.

Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November [​IMG]

swarfega, Sep 6, 2015
  15. gogreen Win User
    One thing that worries me about updates--any kind of MS updates--is that I don't want them to change all my tweaks and customizations back to their defaults. For this reason, I've learned my lesson with 7, from which I upgraded, and, for that matter, XP. I created a folder, "Windows 10 Tweaks," where I've been saving all my Windows 10 tweaks. So when my nightmare comes true, I just open the folder and start executing my tweaks. No more going crazy trying to find all those little adjustments! *Cool

gogreen, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November - Similar Threads - Threshold rumored launch

2. Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2: When are we enterprise users going to receive the update? Thanks. 29728
  3. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2: Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes? 27347
  4. Threshold 2 question

Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  5. Threshold 2 destroys bcd

Threshold 2 destroys bcd: I was not getting the update thru the reg windows update so I decided to do a manual update to win 10 with the lastest ms tool. It actually was successful. When it completed I was able to use Windows normally and it was updated to threshold 2. However when i reboot I get a...
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 1151/10586/threshold 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 1151/10586/threshold 2: Hi everybody , so I got this upgrade via windows update but it's taking too long , it's stuck at 33 percent , so my question is can I download it using Windows media creation tool & do a clean install through usb? I read that Microsoft pulled out it's new update via media...
  7. Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems: [img] Users report installation freezes for the new update Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Threshold 2 earlier today and users are already experiencing the first problems when trying to install it. According to posts on Microsoft's Community forums, installation...
  8. Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2: RTM users are expected to receive it next week Microsoft has remained completely tight-lipped on Windows 10 Threshold 2, but according to people close to the matter, this eagerly anticipated update is due next week for RTM users. The latest preview build that...
  9. Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2: Threshold 2 has re-enabled superfetch on my PC (only SSD's on my system). I have waited over a week, run Winsat formal, etc. but superfetch remains on. Has anyone experienced this? Before I manually disable the service I would welcome any suggestions etc. PS: the...
  10. Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2: [img] Google’s browser experiencing problems in TH2 Windows 10 Threshold 2 build 10586 is now available for both fast and slow ring users, but despite the fact that it’s supposed to be the version that all users will get sometime very soon, it turns out that a...