Windows 10: Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

Discus and support Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The overwhelming majority of people i know have one computer , they have no interest in tablets and only a couple have smartphone's . The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Dch48 Win User

Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

I have to disagree. I think that there are far more people who have at least two devices (if you include smart phones) and a large number with more than that. I myself have 3, this desktop gaming system, a laptop, and an Android tablet. People complained that Windows 8 was too much the same on all devices. What they asked for was more differentiation and a better desktop experience and we have seen that happen.

Dch48, Sep 12, 2015
  2. Winuser Win User

I can't see people buying a new computer every time they want a Windows update. I know I won't. IMO I see Microsoft keeping updates (security and bug fixes) free and in the future charging for upgrades (new features) for Windows.

Winuser, Sep 12, 2015
  3. I think subscription will be an option at some point. It just won't be the only option. Like Office is now, you can buy it outright or pay by subscription. Your choice.

alphanumeric, Sep 12, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

like Apple I think it will remain free ,until it no longer supports your hardware ,as all ready been said in this thread . my older mackbook will only go to OS 10.6.8 ,it will not let me update any higher ,and updates to that point were free,,, I was told its because os10.0 doesn't support my core 2 duo Intel 2.1 cpu ....

edit-I updated os numbers +

I just click on it to update software and it reported it was uptodate

caperjack, Sep 13, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    If it ever becomes that,, I will glade return to Linux.

6. caperjack Win User
    I think some are playing with "tiddly winks"
    http://www.amazon.com/House-of-Marbl.../dp/B000HWPM7C

caperjack, Sep 13, 2015
  7. Word Man Win User
    BRINK: I just wanted to say Thanks! for posting this. Good scoop.

But also I should take this opportunity to apologize: I thought the thread title was referring to some game I had never heard of but that my four age 15-28 yr. old sons may know of - never bothered to read until now. I asked them and they had never heard of "Threshold 2"!

NOW I KNOW SOMETHING THEY DON'T! Bwahahahahahaaaa!*Nerd

Word Man, Sep 13, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Don't you just hate it when your kids know more about computers than you do!?

Wynona, Sep 13, 2015
  9. Word Man Win User
    Indeed! But I think I'm gaining on the 15 year old - he asked me: "Hey, Papa, what is that forum called?" PLUS it looks like the 23 year old got a headache trying to choose a laptop and has just ordered the same laptop I have so he can benefit from my "experience" - LOL.

Word Man, Sep 13, 2015
  10. fredc Win User
    No kids for me "thank God" , i could barely manage myself.

fredc, Sep 13, 2015
  11. Remember, your worst day at work will still be better than your best day with your teenager. *chuckle

Cbarnhorst, Sep 13, 2015
  12. I guess you missed the "an option" part of my post, as in optional?

alphanumeric, Sep 13, 2015
  13. Dch48 Win User

Of course not. It may take a while before a more powerful system is needed, sooner for gamers and other power users. I should have said eventually require a better system. It certainly won't happen every year or even 5 years probably. They will miss a whole cycle this time though by giving it away for free. I just think they want as many people on it as soon as possible so they can cut support for older versions sooner and save money that way.

If they hold true to what they said which was that all updates and even upgrades (since 10 is the last version of Windows) would be free for the life of the device, then they won't charge this first wave of upgraders anything, ever, as long as they are still using that machine. With the change to how activations are handled, they will know if changes are made that warrant a new purchase.

Dch48, Sep 13, 2015
  14. Dch48 Win User
    That may happen with future purchases. I was talking about this first wave of upgraders. We will never have to pay a subscription as long as we still use the same machines.

Dch48, Sep 13, 2015
  15. caperjack Win User
    so your the reason we need immigrants, lol
    just kidding really ,If it wasn't for immigrants I would be living in England

caperjack, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November - Similar Threads - Threshold rumored launch

2. Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2: When are we enterprise users going to receive the update? Thanks. 29728
  3. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2: Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes? 27347
  4. Threshold 2 question

Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  5. Threshold 2 destroys bcd

Threshold 2 destroys bcd: I was not getting the update thru the reg windows update so I decided to do a manual update to win 10 with the lastest ms tool. It actually was successful. When it completed I was able to use Windows normally and it was updated to threshold 2. However when i reboot I get a...
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 1151/10586/threshold 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 1151/10586/threshold 2: Hi everybody , so I got this upgrade via windows update but it's taking too long , it's stuck at 33 percent , so my question is can I download it using Windows media creation tool & do a clean install through usb? I read that Microsoft pulled out it's new update via media...
  7. Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems: [img] Users report installation freezes for the new update Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Threshold 2 earlier today and users are already experiencing the first problems when trying to install it. According to posts on Microsoft's Community forums, installation...
  8. Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2: RTM users are expected to receive it next week Microsoft has remained completely tight-lipped on Windows 10 Threshold 2, but according to people close to the matter, this eagerly anticipated update is due next week for RTM users. The latest preview build that...
  9. Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2: Threshold 2 has re-enabled superfetch on my PC (only SSD's on my system). I have waited over a week, run Winsat formal, etc. but superfetch remains on. Has anyone experienced this? Before I manually disable the service I would welcome any suggestions etc. PS: the...
  10. Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2: [img] Google’s browser experiencing problems in TH2 Windows 10 Threshold 2 build 10586 is now available for both fast and slow ring users, but despite the fact that it’s supposed to be the version that all users will get sometime very soon, it turns out that a...