Windows 10: Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd.

Discus and support Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; *Ditto [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by heyyahblah, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd.

Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd. [​IMG]

2. Wynona Win User

Shoulda logged into Windows 10 Forums yesterday *Smile

Wynona, Oct 29, 2015
  3. @Gary

Lol, I love that "NO" button Gary. It's funny right, because I was waiting on the Nov 2 update date as well for RTM, and then when yesterday my TP updated, I was like yea .... no way they are updating the RTM consumers if I just got another TP yesterday, and then boom I stumbled across this article.

I feel it will be another week or 2. My original guess (I can't find the post) was that the first SP or "Threshold" for Windows 10 (when RTM came out) was December. I hope I am wrong about that, and too bad we didn't have a contest like last time, lol. I'll die if my prediction of December was correct *Sad

heyyahblah, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Who know at this point. Gabe Aul is known for making promises he can't keep. He teases tests about new builds that never come out. For all I know it could be in December.

5. Which wouldn't surprise me (anymore) in the least since in my mind, that was my original guess in the Summer. I was like, yea ... maybe December ... Christmas time .... somewhere around there. But I hope I'm wrong ... lol *Wink

heyyahblah, Oct 30, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    This is not about a Technical Preview, it is about an update to the RTM that was to happen on November 2, 2015, prior to that it was to happen in October. So this is two delays, two deadlines that were not kept. Will there be a third? I hopwe not.

7. Oh, they will definitely take their time. But they will greatly disappoint when it comes to the "getting it right" part, as they usually do.

BrownianMotion, Oct 30, 2015
  8. Phone Man Win User

I think these are "planned" dates and not a "promised" date.
    I don't really care when it is released as long as it is bug free.
    Lets do like Firefox and release a new version every 6 weeks no matter what. Then release fixes the next day and then another fix a few days later. No thank you.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Oct 30, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    Firefox 42 RC1 which I am now using is better than the released 41.0.2. It is also a Browser. It is said that MS has spent 3 years working on Windows 10. The updates that you speak of are for security purposes. Now if this takes another week, it is not a big deal, but if they delay it again, I don't know. When I worked for AT&T when we gave a cut date it was carved in stone and kept.

10. Problem is, Microsoft has yet to fix any of the problems that people have been having. Why would anyone expect this to be bug free?

BrownianMotion, Oct 30, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    I doubt they even look at the Insider HuB. I reported stuff in build after build that was never fixed. That is one reason I got out of the TP, the other was I just got tired of being used.

12. Geneo Win User
    Why, what is the problem? I would rather have them delay it and do it right rather than push out something that isn't ready.

Geneo, Oct 30, 2015
  13. larc919 Win User

Microsoft reminds me a lot of Wile E. Coyote in the Road Runner cartoons. They tend to tackle grandiose schemes that as often as not blow up in their faces.

larc919, Oct 30, 2015
  14. Pendaws Win User
    In Australia, we await with baited breath for the releases as we are so small and insignificant,
    we always love the morsels we are thrown by the god Microsoft, all hail MS.*Rolleyes

Pendaws, Oct 30, 2015
  15. Mystere Win User
    So you'd rather they release it when its not ready, just to meet an artificial date... Wow.

Mystere, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd. - Similar Threads - Threshold won't ready

2. Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2: When are we enterprise users going to receive the update? Thanks. 29728
  3. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2: Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes? 27347
  4. Threshold 2 question

Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  5. Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices: I know that this came up before, at least with Acrobat (I run Acrobat 11 Pro). However, Win 10 also reverts other chosen default app choices to the MS app that handles the file type. JPG graphics are an example. My custom settings stick, even with Acrobat, until I reboot or...
  6. Threshold 2 destroys bcd

Threshold 2 destroys bcd: I was not getting the update thru the reg windows update so I decided to do a manual update to win 10 with the lastest ms tool. It actually was successful. When it completed I was able to use Windows normally and it was updated to threshold 2. However when i reboot I get a...
  7. Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2: RTM users are expected to receive it next week Microsoft has remained completely tight-lipped on Windows 10 Threshold 2, but according to people close to the matter, this eagerly anticipated update is due next week for RTM users. The latest preview build that...
  8. Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2: Threshold 2 has re-enabled superfetch on my PC (only SSD's on my system). I have waited over a week, run Winsat formal, etc. but superfetch remains on. Has anyone experienced this? Before I manually disable the service I would welcome any suggestions etc. PS: the...
  9. Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2: [img] Google’s browser experiencing problems in TH2 Windows 10 Threshold 2 build 10586 is now available for both fast and slow ring users, but despite the fact that it’s supposed to be the version that all users will get sometime very soon, it turns out that a...
  10. Will anyone be able to download an iso for w10 threshold 2 on Nov 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will anyone be able to download an iso for w10 threshold 2 on Nov 10?: Will anyone be able to download an iso for W10 threshold 2 on Nov 10 (not an insider build)? I just want to keep my isos images updated. 28830