Windows 10: Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd.

Discus and support Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Why, what is the problem? I would rather have them delay it and do it right rather than push out something that isn't ready. Three years in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by heyyahblah, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd.

Three years in Development and it still is not ready. Two delays and the head of The Windows Division takes off a year to sail around the world? To me that is a problem. But that is my opinion yours may very.

2. Gary Win User

No I would rather they set realistic goals and not be a tease like Gabe Aul.

3. keseyken Win User
    Gary, I take my hat off to you. As contrary people go, you're up there with the most gripey. What does it take to evoke a smile?

keseyken, Oct 30, 2015
  4. keseyken Win User

That's a perfectly valid point of view. On the other hand, the Earth is +- a year or two 4.543 billion years old and is still evolving. Do you kick up about that as well and as often as about Microsoft? Does the Earth pay more attention to you than Microsoft?

I recommend reading "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", grabbing a towel and relaxing. Preferably with a nice pint of Guinness.

keseyken, Oct 30, 2015
  5. Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd. [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 30, 2015
  6. Hopefully Microsoft saw Jim's forum post and decided to delay until they could make the Edge "Back" arrow work like every other browser's Back button!

AllenChicago, Oct 30, 2015
  7. mrpumpkin Win User
    If my system is going to be jacked up right before the holidays, I'm hoping the improvements will make me a sandwich after I'm done getting screwed. Better yet, I hope it's put off until axe murder season ... around the end of Jan.

mrpumpkin, Oct 30, 2015
  8. Jackalito Win User

Well, for what it's worth, neither Gabe nor Microsoft ever claimed that TH2 would be publicly available on November 2nd.

This huge snowball began when Paul Thurrott claimed such info on his site, reportedly from close sources of the Windows division but, as many other times, he was wrong. It was kind of a rumour but, because of the wording he used, most people took it as the truth.

Yes, it would seem that Microsoft's original plan was to have it ready for the first week of November, but I believe it's better to delay it and get a more polished build.

Cheers!

Jackalito, Oct 30, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto*Ditto

Wynona, Oct 30, 2015
  10. Wynona Win User
    I quit reading Thurrott's stuff way back when I was Beta Testing Vista and later Windows 7. And, he's not the only journalist who will word things so they look like the truth, but when called on it, can prove, "That's not what I said."

As a long-time Beta Tester of Microsoft Product; some 30 years (have I been doing this all that long!?), I can say that no matter how hard any company tries, there are going to be times that they just can't meet a goal they've set.

Y'know what's really amazing? Microsoft has given us new Builds early many times. Did we give Microsoft the kudos deserved for that! H E Double Toothpick, NO, we didn't. But let Microsoft lag so much as a week behind schedule and they're dirty, rotten, (you say the next few words).

Wynona, Oct 30, 2015
  11. "H E Double Toothpick"
    Well this is peculiar. Never heard of this one.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 30, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    Spell it out, Computiac. *Smile I heard it way, way back when I was in grade school. We weren't allowed to say the word.

Wynona, Oct 30, 2015
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

*Ditto

14. bobjoe Win User
    I'm really glad it won't be ready by Nov. 2. It's a mess right now. These right-click Context Menus are HIDEOUS. Why are they huge and unevenly spaced, and dark??? Makes no sense on a non-tablet/touchscreen computer.

bobjoe, Oct 30, 2015
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .done with thread. . .just becoming another Microsoft just cannot do anything the way I want it thread. . .and that's the truth whether you think so or not. . .*really

Thema:

1. Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd. - Similar Threads - Threshold won't ready

2. Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2: When are we enterprise users going to receive the update? Thanks. 29728
  3. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2: Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes? 27347
  4. Threshold 2 question

Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  5. Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices: I know that this came up before, at least with Acrobat (I run Acrobat 11 Pro). However, Win 10 also reverts other chosen default app choices to the MS app that handles the file type. JPG graphics are an example. My custom settings stick, even with Acrobat, until I reboot or...
  6. Threshold 2 destroys bcd

Threshold 2 destroys bcd: I was not getting the update thru the reg windows update so I decided to do a manual update to win 10 with the lastest ms tool. It actually was successful. When it completed I was able to use Windows normally and it was updated to threshold 2. However when i reboot I get a...
  7. Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2: RTM users are expected to receive it next week Microsoft has remained completely tight-lipped on Windows 10 Threshold 2, but according to people close to the matter, this eagerly anticipated update is due next week for RTM users. The latest preview build that...
  8. Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2: Threshold 2 has re-enabled superfetch on my PC (only SSD's on my system). I have waited over a week, run Winsat formal, etc. but superfetch remains on. Has anyone experienced this? Before I manually disable the service I would welcome any suggestions etc. PS: the...
  9. Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2: [img] Google’s browser experiencing problems in TH2 Windows 10 Threshold 2 build 10586 is now available for both fast and slow ring users, but despite the fact that it’s supposed to be the version that all users will get sometime very soon, it turns out that a...
  10. Will anyone be able to download an iso for w10 threshold 2 on Nov 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will anyone be able to download an iso for w10 threshold 2 on Nov 10?: Will anyone be able to download an iso for W10 threshold 2 on Nov 10 (not an insider build)? I just want to keep my isos images updated. 28830