Windows 10: Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd.

Discus and support Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi there. what I.T dept anywhere ion this planet ever gets stuff out of the door on time and date specified. (Not only I.T depts. but almost any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by heyyahblah, Oct 29, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd.

Hi there.

what I.T dept anywhere ion this planet ever gets stuff out of the door on time and date specified. (Not only I.T depts. but almost any other largish project you can care to name).

Just ignore all this stuff -- look at these dates as a wish list and you can also get an idea of what is happening or what features are being added / removed / changed.

Maybe Ms should look to Linux for the testing distribution models -- you can get nightly builds of new / experimental features while updates are applied fairly slowly to current releases.

Might make more sense rather than roll everything out in "one go" as per TH2 or whatever.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 30, 2015
  2. echrada Win User

I have read various posts of yours and cannot understand what you are doing on a Windows forum as you dislike/hate everything about it. Why do you not find another OS that will satisfy all your needs? Oh I forgot, then you won't have anything to play the troll with.

And yes I mean TROLL as that seems to be the only fitting description. Ugly and nasty from time to time and completely ignorant the rest of the time.

Leave the Forums for people who actually want to learn and enjoy.

echrada, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Winuser Win User
    I never heard double toothpicks. We use to say double hockey sticks.

Winuser, Oct 30, 2015
  4. Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd.

Jebus, thanks a lot for adding this. I have no idea what either one of these mean.
    Yes, I have had a very sheltered life.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 30, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    ll or LL Maybe Double Hockey Stick Cool J will help*chuckle

Cliff S, Oct 30, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Well put. Can't disagree with a single thing you said.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 30, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    Look up the meaning of the term Forum if you can. Also I have an opinion and I can use it. You have not read all of my posts , so why not try the friendly approach, it works.*Smile And you can call me any name you please, I have heard them all. *Smile

8. satchmo Win User

Does anyone hear crickets? Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd. :p

satchmo, Oct 30, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    So? *Wink I take this as a non issue. I want MS to get the update as perfect as possible. Users on the RTM need to have a bug free update to have confidence in 10.

BunnyJ, Oct 30, 2015
  10. my confidence in a bug free update are quite low at the moment
    I hope MS change my mind when this update comes out *Smile

paulsalter, Oct 30, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    I have a great deal of Confidence in Windows 10 RTM. It is working just fine for me. Everything started working better when I installed an SSD. There however is not a piece of software out there that is totally bug free.

12. BunnyJ New Member
    There will be bugs. I know of no way for any software development to come out totally bug free. I just want it to be around 95% or more bug free.

BunnyJ, Oct 30, 2015
  13. gtspeck Win User

I have to agree with Bunny even though I appreciate Gary's points. I for one rather have them get it right then have to fight with an update that creates worse issues. I'm just an average user that has went through many versions od MS over the years.*Wink

gtspeck, Oct 30, 2015
  14. I don't have any major bugs with it
    Just little things which I would have expected to be fixed by now

Todays email from MS has almost persuaded me to use Edge, It mentions I can draw moustaches on facebook friends profile pics, that's a feature I have always wanted *Wink

paulsalter, Oct 30, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    I do as well, and as a matter of fact I have seen no official release from MS saying that it would be delayed. AFAIK, the source for this was WinBeta??

Thema:

1. Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd. - Similar Threads - Threshold won't ready

2. Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2: When are we enterprise users going to receive the update? Thanks. 29728
  3. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2: Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes? 27347
  4. Threshold 2 question

Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  5. Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices: I know that this came up before, at least with Acrobat (I run Acrobat 11 Pro). However, Win 10 also reverts other chosen default app choices to the MS app that handles the file type. JPG graphics are an example. My custom settings stick, even with Acrobat, until I reboot or...
  6. Threshold 2 destroys bcd

Threshold 2 destroys bcd: I was not getting the update thru the reg windows update so I decided to do a manual update to win 10 with the lastest ms tool. It actually was successful. When it completed I was able to use Windows normally and it was updated to threshold 2. However when i reboot I get a...
  7. Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2: RTM users are expected to receive it next week Microsoft has remained completely tight-lipped on Windows 10 Threshold 2, but according to people close to the matter, this eagerly anticipated update is due next week for RTM users. The latest preview build that...
  8. Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2: Threshold 2 has re-enabled superfetch on my PC (only SSD's on my system). I have waited over a week, run Winsat formal, etc. but superfetch remains on. Has anyone experienced this? Before I manually disable the service I would welcome any suggestions etc. PS: the...
  9. Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2: [img] Google’s browser experiencing problems in TH2 Windows 10 Threshold 2 build 10586 is now available for both fast and slow ring users, but despite the fact that it’s supposed to be the version that all users will get sometime very soon, it turns out that a...
  10. Will anyone be able to download an iso for w10 threshold 2 on Nov 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will anyone be able to download an iso for w10 threshold 2 on Nov 10?: Will anyone be able to download an iso for W10 threshold 2 on Nov 10 (not an insider build)? I just want to keep my isos images updated. 28830