Windows 10: Windows 10 Threshold 2

Discus and support Windows 10 Threshold 2 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by blackbirdabhi, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes?

:)

blackbirdabhi, Oct 21, 2015

2. McAfee reports Microsoft Edge is unsecure

The Edge extensions are not a vague "on going project." The extensions should be in production for the Threshold 2 delivery to the public in November (no exact date announced yet). Threshold 2 is the codename for the next iteration of Windows 10. Windows
    insiders are getting bits and pieces of Threshold 2 already.

Cbarnhorst, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Matteo Contrini, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Microsoft will update everything on it's site before the release the new build. I recommend you wait, since the update is apparently big, however that is your choice. My info is the day the new build gets released, everything, that includes the Media Creation Tool, will be updated. *Smile

AbAppletic, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    I am using Windows 10 since beginning of Augus and I didn't have any problems with it. You still have the possibility to wait, but if you ask me, for me I'm fine with using it since August.

In the past, Microsoft has updated the version, which they deliver as "build 10240". Maybe they also again do that with TH2, but we don't know that yet. You will see once it's out. *Wink

Joergi, Oct 21, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Windows 10 Fall Update is Set for November Release - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

7. Joergi Win User
    Joergi, Oct 21, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

Windows 10 Threshold 2

All I can say is recently $Windows~BT folder was downloaded again in 10240
    So, something is about to pop..

And of course I deleted it.. I'll pop when I am ready..

9. Joergi Win User
    Note that the build number of the "final" release stays unchanged. Even now, after you installed all updates, this version still has build number 10240. Microsoft uses an internal build string, which changes depending on the updates you have installed. But the build number stays the same.

Joergi, Oct 21, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    According to the source it will be through Windows update just like Win 7's SP1 was. There will be no new RTM Build.

11. Joergi Win User
    Microsoft has already updated the "release" version with new patches in the past and I read that they will update the Media Creation version as well. When we're honest: People just don't know and I mean: That is not surprising: No one can look into the future. But it is sad that they have to write shit. Truth is: Wait and see and then you will know. Everything else is just useless drivel.

Joergi, Oct 22, 2015
  12. So the question is if we upgrade via GWX after TH2 is released, will it upgrade directly to TH2 or to the original RTM build? Or will it upgrade to the RTM build and then again download TH2 updates via Windows Update?

blackbirdabhi, Oct 22, 2015
  13. Phone Man Win User

Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2 [​IMG]

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Threshold 2

1. Windows 10 Threshold 2 - Similar Threads - Threshold

2. Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?: new machine, windows 11 home.enabled gpedit.mscaccount lockout threshold 10 attempts, reset after 5 minutes.ok, tried the settings, to see if it worked.after 5 incorrect attempts, microsoft responded with "enter challenge phrase a1b2c3".THEN, gave options to enter either PIN...
  3. Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?: new machine, windows 11 home.enabled gpedit.mscaccount lockout threshold 10 attempts, reset after 5 minutes.ok, tried the settings, to see if it worked.after 5 incorrect attempts, microsoft responded with "enter challenge phrase a1b2c3".THEN, gave options to enter either PIN...
  4. Account Lockout Threshold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Lockout Threshold: Earlier today I got locked out of my laptop for 2 hours due to failed sign in attempts. I know my password, but I tend to make typos, and got unlucky this time. I wanted to change the settings so I could stop this from happening again. However, when I do `net accounts` in an...
  5. Account Lockout Threshold

Account Lockout Threshold: Earlier today I got locked out of my laptop for 2 hours due to failed sign in attempts. I know my password, but I tend to make typos, and got unlucky this time. I wanted to change the settings so I could stop this from happening again. However, when I do `net accounts` in an...
  6. Account Lockout Threshold

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold: Is there a default threshold in Windows 11 home edition for the number of attempts you can have to log on with a PIN before the account locks if the PIN is wrong? If so how long is the account locked and can you change the settings...
  8. Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold

Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold: Is there a default threshold in Windows 11 home edition for the number of attempts you can have to log on with a PIN before the account locks if the PIN is wrong? If so how long is the account locked and can you change the settings...
  9. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out: hi,I can't change the value of the account lockout threshold for the account lockout duration property because it is grayed out on the Windows 10 workstation. any ideas?thanks,Y...
  10. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out: hi,I can't change the value of the account lockout threshold for the account lockout duration property because it is grayed out on the Windows 10 workstation. any ideas?thanks,Y...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i know if im threshold 2 Windows Phone