Windows 10: Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?

Discus and support Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just upgraded to a new laptop (Dell inspiron 7501, intel ax201 wireless card, OS build: 19042.867), and have been noticing significant throttling when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TrueSort, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?

Just upgraded to a new laptop (Dell inspiron 7501, intel ax201 wireless card, OS build: 19042.867), and have been noticing significant throttling when downloading large files.

E.g.: when I run speed test normally I see a download speed of ~80Mpbs. Just browsing the web or even streaming video the speed stays as expected. However if I then start downloading something large, like a game on steam, I get download speeds of 500KBbs in steam and when I run speed test I get ~0.5Mpbs.

On my previous laptop (much slower hardware, earlier version of windows 10) I had no such throttling issues, wondering if anyone knows what could be causing it? I do not think it is a hardware issue since it only slows down for certain workloads, hence why I think it is probably a windows 10 issue

I've already tried a multitude of drivers (both from Dell and intel), removed Smartbyte, tried using only 5Ghz, only 2.4Ghz etc.

submitted by /u/TrueSort
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TrueSort, Mar 31, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

how to limit Ondrive to upload only 2 files at one time ??

I don't know of a way to do that, but you can limit bandwidth use for only OneDrive.

OneDrive Download and Upload Rate - Limit in Windows 10

Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth? [​IMG]

- you could use this to limit upload bandwidth.

And a brief internet search suggests:
    OneDrive: Throttling Upload Speed | Practical SBS
    How To Limit Upload Traffic Bandwidth in OneDrive | Next of Windows

In general: How do you limit an application's bandwidth?

You could try this:
    NetLimiter Homepage

dalchina, Mar 31, 2021
  3. if i limit bandwidth used for downloading windows products which setting gives me the highest speed; 100% or 5%?

if i limit bandwidth used for downloading windows products which setting gives me the highest speed; 100% or 5%

EdwardLayton, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?

how to limit the download speed of windows store

Hi

Is there any way to limit the download speed of Windows Store so it doesn't eat up all of your internet bandwidth, without installing any third party programs like net balancer?

Scamps_1672, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?

1. Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth? - Similar Threads - throttling download speed

2. Throttled download speeds for steam/gog.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Throttled download speeds for steam/gog.: I recently bought a new pc running windows 11 specs below.I'm facing throttled download speeds for certain applications and I can't figure out why.Speedtest is giving me 150Mbps down max from my provider.This speed seems to also be active when downloading windows/driver...
  3. Is bandwidth being throttled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is bandwidth being throttled?: Please excuse the formatting of the text. I couldn't fix it.My internet connection is very slow. I had an idea to search my files with Agent Ransack using the search "bandwidth" and found quite a few files in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShareThere's...
  4. Is bandwidth being throttled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is bandwidth being throttled?: Please excuse the formatting of the text. I couldn't fix it.My internet connection is very slow. I had an idea to search my files with Agent Ransack using the search "bandwidth" and found quite a few files in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShareThere's...
  5. Bandwidth Throttling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bandwidth Throttling: My internet connection has been really slow for a while now, and I get frequent disconnections while online. I use a wired Ethernet connection on a LAN network, and I use Google DNS servers. I don't know if that's relevant. My ISP is Earthlink, but when I run speed tests, my...
  6. Bandwidth Throttling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bandwidth Throttling: My internet connection has been really slow for a while now, and I get frequent disconnections while online. I use a wired Ethernet connection on a LAN network, and I use Google DNS servers. I don't know if that's relevant. My ISP is Earthlink, but when I run speed tests, my...
  7. Windows 10 throttling Internet download speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 throttling Internet download speeds: My Dell 7386 laptop with an Intel AX200 has much slower download speeds than are available on two different Samsung Galaxy S10e cellphones. All devices are connected via Wi-Fi to a TP-Link AX6000 router. The router's connection to the ISP tests out at a 501 Mbps download...
  8. Download speed limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed limit: Hi guys, today, trying to download games from both uplay and steam, my download was stuck at exactly 5mb/s in the task manager, this is grange considering that it normally stays around 45/50 mb/s, I noticed this problem only today, as yesterday everything was working...
  9. Download Speed Being Throttled

Download Speed Being Throttled: Hi Everyone, Totally stumped on this. My internet is being severely throttled by windows 10 or a driver and I've tried everything on Google so far. I should be getting over 500mpbs but its being capped to < 20mpbs wired and <6mpbs over 5G wifi. I have fixed it once a couple...
  10. download speed is limited

download speed is limited: hi there I've been noticing a limit download speed which doesn't exceed 1.4 mb/s, it used to reach 5mb/s if I download two files at the same time it splits the speed evenly I updated my windows couple of days ago...