Windows 10: Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone

Discus and support Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Alright, I was doing some routine cleaning with Ccleaner two days ago, and one of the areas cleaned was the Thumbnail cache. When it finished, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wurmkampf, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Wurmkampf Win User

Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone

Alright, I was doing some routine cleaning with Ccleaner two days ago, and one of the areas cleaned was the Thumbnail cache.

When it finished, I discovered that in Large View mode, none of my icons or thumbnails regenerated. I can still see them in Medium, Small, Tiles, Details, etc. but not Large or Extra Large.

Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone 18143078-46ea-49af-a7a5-48e855bdee4d?upload=true.png

I made sure the check box "Display only icons, never thumbnails" was unchecked, and even checked and re-un-checked it to make sure. I also tried the suggestion of running Disk Cleanup and clearing the Thumbnail cache again, no dice. Another article suggested some registry edits to set those filetypes back to factory default settings (jpeg, png, etc) but all that did was reset their program association from Irfanview back to Windows Photo Viewer. Finally I tried installing Icaros and managing my thumbnail cache with it. Still no luck. Of course after each of these solutions I rebooted the machine. So far nothing has worked. Help please? What makes this issue extra weird for me is that only Large/Extra Large View is affected, and that the default icons are missing as well as the thumbnails.

:)

Wurmkampf, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Brunginho Win User

All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop

Hi all,

On turning on my laptop yesterday (for the first time in a couple of days), all my icons are now missing:

Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone [​IMG]

This also includes thumbnails, etc:

Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone [​IMG]

I have tried restarting / full shutdown a few times with no effect.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul

Brunginho, Oct 7, 2018
  3. All icons and thumbnails are gone

Good day everyone.

Today my machine failed to start wampserver so I had to reboot.

Once windows started, desktop and taskbar icons were gone. Here's a screenshot:

Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone bf965904-971b-4537-b0e0-5db813128296.png

You can also notice that explorer icons are all gone too including thumbnails.

I tried many solutions online including removing iconCache*.db files and thumbnailCache files, upon restart they were rebuilt but the problem wasn't gone.

I would like to hear any suggestions on how I can fix this without reinstalling the OS.

Maybe it's worth to mention that before that reboot I had connected to an external screen (I'm using a laptop) and that usually alters the position of my icons on the desktop since the screen is fairly big.

Thank you for your help.

StrayPointer, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone

1. Windows 10 Thumbnails AND Icons Gone - Similar Threads - Thumbnails Icons Gone

2. Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10: this happened randomly, some videos just had their thumbnail gone and has the default windows video icon, i tried restarting file explorer and computer still the same, i also tried moving the video to a different place and also deleting it and restoring it from the trash bin,...
  3. Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10: this happened randomly, some videos just had their thumbnail gone and has the default windows video icon, i tried restarting file explorer and computer still the same, i also tried moving the video to a different place and also deleting it and restoring it from the trash bin,...
  4. Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Start-Menu Thumbnails are Gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start-Menu Thumbnails are Gone.: Hi I have windows 10 home on my laptop, and most apps in the start menu have icons that look like pages. [ATTACH] I have tried running the windows 10 start menu troubleshooter, but I have gotten these errors and they weren't fixed. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Can someone please help...
  6. Icons gone Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons gone Windows 10?: Moved a few applications from a folder I created earlier, which was on the desktop, to the desktop. Now some applications do not have the correct icon anymore, which they had in the folder before. Does anyone know how to fix this? [ATTACH] Icons weg Windows 10?
  7. Icons and thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and thumbnails: Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd...
  8. All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop: Hi all, On turning on my laptop yesterday (for the first time in a couple of days), all my icons are now missing: [img] This also includes thumbnails, etc: [img] I have tried restarting / full shutdown a few times with no effect. Any suggestions much...
  9. Windows 10 icon thumbnails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 icon thumbnails: hi. sorry if i posted in wrong section. i have windows 10 pro x64 on my laptop with 4GB of ram. when i open a folder which contains programs (exe files), all icons are white (empty) and it slowely generate thumbnails of icons, the main problem is: this progress repeats...
  10. Thumbnails, desktop icons, taskbar icons gone, Properties doesnt work

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails, desktop icons, taskbar icons gone, Properties doesnt work: All of a sudden the following symptoms (all at the same time):: 1. Taskbar icons gone (replaced by a neutral identical icon) except Edge and Store 2. In File Explorer, no longer thumbnails, no icons either, simply blank, but names show 3. All desktop icons gone; but their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change icons and thumbnails for any app

2. shortcuts thumbnails gone

3. icon thumbnails all gone

4. google display and icons are gone,
  5. thumbnails gone,
  6. windows 10 app thumbnails gone