Windows 10: Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working

Discus and support Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop updated last night to the latest Windows 10 scheduled to update every Saturday if available. Since then, all of my icons/thumbnails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hitsuji_doshi, May 15, 2022.

1. Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working

Hello, my laptop updated last night to the latest Windows 10 scheduled to update every Saturday if available. Since then, all of my icons/thumbnails preview do not work. They are all blank or generic and do not actually show the image preview anymore. I'm not sure how to fix this but here is what I have tried: - Restarted computer- Reset Image cache via Disk Cleanup- Reset/cleared Image cache via Command Prompt- Changed image icons via "View" to various sizes to see if that would change anything- Checked properties to make sure nothing was hidden- Checked File Exploer Options to make sure th

:)

hitsuji_doshi, May 15, 2022

2. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 15, 2022
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, May 15, 2022
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working

1. Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working - Similar Threads - Thumbnails Blank Working

2. Blank space above Thumbnail Windows 11.22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank space above Thumbnail Windows 11.22H2: Hi, As I have highlighted in the below images, there is a space over the Thumbnail on every files that ratio is wide-screen Such as Videos and images It is so annoying. When you change Thumbnail to ExtraLarge , there will be a lot of space in a row between every files in the...
  3. Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working: Hello, my laptop updated last night to the latest Windows 10 scheduled to update every Saturday if available. Since then, all of my icons/thumbnails preview do not work. They are all blank or generic and do not actually show the image preview anymore. I'm not sure how to fix...
  4. Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working

Windows 10 - Thumbnails Blank / Not Working: Hello, my laptop updated last night to the latest Windows 10 scheduled to update every Saturday if available. Since then, all of my icons/thumbnails preview do not work. They are all blank or generic and do not actually show the image preview anymore. I'm not sure how to fix...
  5. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  6. PNG thumbnails are blank

PNG thumbnails are blank: A few months ago, all the PNG thumbnails on my computer went blank on my desktop and in explorer except for when the background transparent part is black. Some of my app icons went completely missing transparent instead of a blank file icon. JPG icons are fine, the images are...
  7. PNG thumbnails are blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. blank thumbnail on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blank thumbnail on my desktop: i downloaded a game file and sometimes it shows a blank white thumbnail for the picture, i have screenshot it and moved my mouse pointer to it to highlight it, how do i fix this? [IMG]...
  9. Icons and thumbnails blank + right click -> Properties doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and thumbnails blank + right click -> Properties doesn't work: Today I installed the latest updates: [img] and it seems that those updates messed up Windows Explorer. After I restarted my PC, all icons and thumbnails in Windows Explorer disappeared i.e. I've got blank icons within Windows Explorer and those "app icons" in the...
  10. Windows 10 Thumbnails not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Thumbnails not working: Hello Windows Community, I've got a pretty annoying problem with my Thumbnails on Windows 10. Every time I open any kind of folder, the Thumbnails are not showing at all, there only is a white field and the name of the image / program / video /....[ATTACH] I always have...