Windows 10: Windows 10 Thumbnails not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Thumbnails not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Windows Community, I've got a pretty annoying problem with my Thumbnails on Windows 10. Every time I open any kind of folder, the Thumbnails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PinguinofG, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Thumbnails not working

Hello Windows Community,

I've got a pretty annoying problem with my Thumbnails on Windows 10. Every time I open any kind of folder, the Thumbnails are not showing at all, there only is a white field and the name of the image / program / video /.... Windows 10 Thumbnails not working eb5d9f95-eb17-4099-ae65-f8df505f19d0?upload=true.jpg

I always have to change the icon size to list, then to extra large icons and then to large icons, after that the thumbnails are displayed correctly.

What I've already tried:

- Use the Disc Cleanup Tool to delete all thumbnails

- Use the CMD to delete the thumbnail.db

- Changed the folder options to "Always show icons, never thumbnails"(this changes nothing at all by the way

- Defaulted the folder options

The latest Windows updates are installed, the current version is 10.0.17134.

As I'm a photographer, this is very annoying, because I'm not able to see which images I am selecting, I have to open every single image in order to see which one it is.

Thanks for your effort in advance,

Philipp

:)

PinguinofG, Jan 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Thumbnails not working

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Thumbnails not working

1. Windows 10 Thumbnails not working - Similar Threads - Thumbnails working

2. The 'view thumbnail' function in Windows 11 Paint no longer works properly after the latest...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The 'view thumbnail' function in Windows 11 Paint no longer works properly after the latest...: I frequently draw in Windows 11 Paint. I zoom in to draw, using the thumbnail to see how it'll look when it's zoomed out. Before Paint's latest update, the preview window would show the section of the drawing I was zoomed in on at 100%. Here is one of my drawings zoomed...
  3. The 'view thumbnail' function in Windows 11 Paint no longer works properly after the latest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The 'view thumbnail' function in Windows 11 Paint no longer works properly after the latest...: I frequently draw in Windows 11 Paint. I zoom in to draw, using the thumbnail to see how it'll look when it's zoomed out. Before Paint's latest update, the preview window would show the section of the drawing I was zoomed in on at 100%. Here is one of my drawings zoomed...
  4. Windows 10 .pdf thumbnails not showing in explorer simple fix that actually works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 .pdf thumbnails not showing in explorer simple fix that actually works: After trying every single tip on how to get the thumbnails working as they did in win 7, I finally figured out the fix. When downloading adobe reader, scroll down to more download options and click that. For version, select the one that does not have 64 bit after the name....
  5. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?: Hello everyone, I just bought a samsung S23 phone and the video has changed to HEVC, I got it working finally by downloading codecs and vlc player etc although I prefer WMP when I have the choice anyway, there is an app in the microsoft store that claims to work too, but it...
  6. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?: Hello everyone, I just bought a samsung S23 phone and the video has changed to HEVC, I got it working finally by downloading codecs and vlc player etc although I prefer WMP when I have the choice anyway, there is an app in the microsoft store that claims to work too, but it...
  7. does the HEVC extension app by microsoft make HEVC video thumbnails work?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. jpg w/n show in preview, thumbnails show as white block,right click menu will not work win 10

jpg w/n show in preview, thumbnails show as white block,right click menu will not work win 10: jpg w/n show in preview, thumbnails show as white block,right click menu will not work win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-wn-show-in-preview-thumbnails-show-as-white/96a6bd96-40ef-44e9-9ca3-93e86bf7550e
  9. jpg w/n show in preview, thumbnails show as white block,right click menu will not work win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    jpg w/n show in preview, thumbnails show as white block,right click menu will not work win 10: jpg w/n show in preview, thumbnails show as white block,right click menu will not work win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-wn-show-in-preview-thumbnails-show-as-white/96a6bd96-40ef-44e9-9ca3-93e86bf7550e
  10. jpg w/n show in preview, thumbnails show as white block,right click menu will not work win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnails not working in win 10

2. windows 10 thumbnails not working

3. thumbnails stopped working windows 10

4. thumbnail is not working Windows 10,
  5. thumbnails not working windows 10,
  6. windows thumbnails not working,
  7. always show icons never thumbnails windows 10 not working,
  8. windows 10 file explorer will display photo thumb nails but not video