Windows 10: Windows 10 Tile Layer Database corrupted

Discus and support Windows 10 Tile Layer Database corrupted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, For a few weeks I have been unable to open my start menu, notifications bar, and get an error when trying to update my computer. When creating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vblk2, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Vblk2 Win User

Windows 10 Tile Layer Database corrupted

Hello,

For a few weeks I have been unable to open my start menu, notifications bar, and get an error when trying to update my computer. When creating a new user, the problems with the start menu and notifications bar go away. Based of 3rd party websites, I am led to believe that original user account has a tilelayerdatabase error. I understand the tilelayerdatabase is now depracated, and i can no longer access the folder. How do I fix my problems since I can’t use the uncorrupted tile layer database from my new user account to fix my original user account (this fix was proposed in 2015 when the feature wasn’t deprecated). I understand i could create a new user account and transfer files from an old user, but i dont have enough space on my ssd. Is there anyway to move the files from the old user to the new user (start menu working, etc) while similtaneously deleting the old users files so that i will instead just stay the same in my ssd space usage. (Basically moving files instead if copying)

thanks!

:)

Vblk2, Jul 5, 2018
  2. oxonsi Win User

Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

Thanks for your reply. I tried both methods, but unfortunately no success in fixing my tile database corruption.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Otherwise, I can live with the problem as-is since it is relatively minor.

oxonsi, Jul 5, 2018
  3. BrianB1 Win User
    Corrupt Start Menu and Tile Database Layer Win 10 PRO 1709

My PC recently updated to Win 10 PRO Fall Creator's Update Version : 1709. As a result, the start menu on my Account, which is a Microsoft User Account (not local) is missing many shortcuts. My Tiles are missing also. I ran the Windows 10 troubleshooter,
    and it said my Tile Layer Database was corrupted, however the troubleshooter could not fix. All other system and file continuity checks I've run show no other problems.

Per other posts, I created a new Local user account with ADMIN privileges. It seemed to have a full working Start and Tile Menu. When I tried to make the new account, it said (of course), that I couldn't use my Microsoft User Credentials, as an account using
    those credentials already existed.

Questions:

Is Microsoft working on a fix ?

Can there be 2 login ID's both with the same Microsoft User Credentials on the same PC ? If so, how do I create the second one ?

Is there a way to make the new account I created, log in with my Microsoft User Credentials ?

I appreciate any assistance.

Thank You

BrianB1, Jul 5, 2018
  4. oxonsi Win User

Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

Since updating Windows 10 to version 1803, I noticed that at the bottom of my Start Menu there is a category "Other" and one item under that category listed as "ms-resource:appDisplayName". When I click on it, it opens a page in Windows Store where I can check for app updates. I figured this is not quite right, so I downloaded and executed Microsoft's Start Menu troubleshooter. It came back with "tile database is corrupt" and "not fixed".

So I then researched and attempted some manual fixes on the tile database, but no success. This involved creating a new user account, and then copying and replacing the corrupted database with a clean database from the newly created user account. For whatever reasons, that did not change anything.

I have also successfully executed Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. And sfc /scannow reports no integrity violations.

I do not have any other issues with the Start Menu, so I think I can live with it as-is. But if there is a relatively easy way to repair it, I'd like to try.

I understand I could do a reset of my Windows 10 install, but that is more than I want to do to address this relatively minor issue.

Thanks for any info.

oxonsi, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Tile Layer Database corrupted - Similar Threads - Tile Layer Database

2. Windows update database corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update database corruption: Hello, the most recent windows update 21H1 has released according to the update assistant. I tried installing it through the settings windows update page, where it says an update is available however this one is update 1808 I believe. Regardless it would download and install...
  3. Windows 10 database & tiles in start menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 database & tiles in start menu.: I'm using a insider edition of Windows 10. I am building a customized version installation USB . However I am going to my own tiles and do away with the files list. What I would like to know is where are the shortcut files stored so they show up on the on the start menu?...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt: [ATTACH] [IMG]The Windows 10 Start Menu is quite a stable experience, but there are times when it can self–destruct for some reason and become corrupt. If this has happened to you in the past, then worry not because we‘re here to [...] This post Windows 10 Start Menu...
  5. Corrupt tile database

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupt tile database: Having tried all reasonable suggestions I can find here and elsewhere, I've had to open this problem up as a new thread. My Start button/icon will not open my profile start menu/apps. Winver is Windows 10 Home 1902 (Build 18362.116). Checkdsk/SFC/DISM report no errors. ISO...
  6. registry database corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    registry database corrupt: I recently came home and my computer was not responding to any mouse or keyboard clicks, so I unplugged it and restarted it. Apparently there was an update in progress and where it formerly recognized two monitors it now only recognizes one. It uses the generic Windows...
  7. Tile database corrupt?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tile database corrupt?: how did this even happen? this is so annoying and all the "fixes"' for it are pretty useless. Do I really have to reset everything? do I really have to make another user account and copy and no longer existing folder into my main account? Like how about just a hot fix...
  8. Start Menu troubleshooter says Tile Database is corrupt?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu troubleshooter says Tile Database is corrupt?: As referred to in the title, SMT tells me the Tile Database is corrupt, but nothing appears to be wrong with it, and no repairs I've tried have fixed the issue....
  9. Database corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Database corrupt: ran the trouble shooter for win10 update fixed all errors except for POSSIBLE DATABASE CORRUPTION.... how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/database-corrupt/8570f70f-0242-4d36-96dd-281e75aa9e91
  10. Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt": Since updating Windows 10 to version 1803, I noticed that at the bottom of my Start Menu there is a category "Other" and one item under that category listed as "ms-resource:appDisplayName". When I click on it, it opens a page in Windows Store where I can check for app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tile database corrupt

2. tile layer database windows 10 1709

3. tile database corrupt win 10

4. tilelayer database corrupt 2019,
  5. windows 10 tile database corrupt fix,
  6. windows 10 1809 tile database corrupt,
  7. Windows 10 Tile Layer Database corrupted,
  8. tile database is corrupted,
  9. Windows 10 tile database is corrupt,
  10. 1809 tile database,
  11. TileDatabaseLayer 1809,