Windows 10: Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

Discus and support Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, recently i did a fresh windows install and i noticed when trying to move the tiles in the start menu it misbehaves and crashes instantly, i updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jorge LuisRamirez, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

Hi, recently i did a fresh windows install and i noticed when trying to move the tiles in the start menu it misbehaves and crashes instantly, i updated my integrated graphics drivers and rebooted my computer but everytime i try to move or change tiles to another group the start menu just crashes, is there any way i can fix this?

:)

Jorge LuisRamirez, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Apr 5, 2020
  3. I can't seem to be able to edit the tiles on the start menu with Windows 10?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What exactly happens when you try to edit the tiles on the start menu?
    • Aren't you able to organize the tiles?

If you have tried it on the Start Menu style, we would suggest you to check in the full screen style and check.

To do so,

• Right click on an empty space in the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click Start and then move the slider to the right to turn on full screen and then try to edit the tiles and check
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

Tile fixing

Hello,

Moving tiles in the Start menu is one of the features that Windows 10 users are able to do to organize the applications that you are using. For us to assist you on how you'll be able to arrange or move your tiles in the Start menu, kindly follow the simple
    steps listed below:

• Click on the Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click and hold on the tile you want to move.
    • Drag the tile to the position you want.
    • Let go.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

1. Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles. - Similar Threads - Tile Start menu

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. START MENUE TILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  4. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  5. Cannot move start menu tiles

Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move the tiles on the start menu. As soon as I try to click and drag one it immediately disapears, only to reappear in the original location when I reboot. Everything else seems to work with them, I can pin new apps (although I haven't worked out how to get them in...
  6. Cannot move start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move start menu tiles: I cannot move/rearrange start menu tiles. when I click to select a tile, it immediately opens the application and closes the menu. I am running Win 10 v1703 93199
  7. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  8. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326
  9. Windows tiles in start menu move after program update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows tiles in start menu move after program update: Hi there. If I instal a newer version of a program the tiles for the program in the start menu move right down to the bottom and leave a gap. I have all key programs organised in the start menu in categories so they are quick to get to. Is there anyway to avoid having to...
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437